We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Griffindor for CoA: Its all just one big house!

Hello all! I hoped you liked my slogan (ask a Harry Potter fan if you are confused) I knew that one day I would finally step up and accept a nomination for forumside government, and what better time to accept a nomination, than a newly reformed position. I have been here since before these forums, but only got serious in the last year or two. Part of this waiting was trying to get myself into a well known/respected position within the community, and some of it was not wanting to make a mistake. Casting these things aside, I am now jumping into the thick of it. Now I think you might want to know what I plan on doing should I be elected to a term.

1. Create a system of tags: This one is pretty clear, as all the candidates have made it part of their campaigns thus far. For each thread that is created, I would put a certain tag ([AT VOTE] [MOTIONED] [SECONDED] [FAILED] [DEAD] etc.) on it to mark where in the legislative process the bill is. There have been many times just in the last year, where threads literally die because no one posted on it for more than a few days. I believe that this would reduce this, as well as spur more debate, as people will know what phase it is in.

2. Create precedent on how the CoA works with the new Legislative Committee: This one is also fairly obvious, following this election, the Legislative Committee will become a true body, and as such, there will need to be a working relationship with the CoA.

3. Reduce animosity and personal attacks within the assembly: It is a given that things will eventually become heated in the middle of debate, and that is okay! But should that escalate to the point of personal attacks and stalling the legislative process, existing guidelines would be followed, and the thread will be temporarily locked to allow tension to subside. Continued personal attacks by any member, weather they are a new member, or older member, will see their legislator status suspended, and potentially revoked should it continue beyond that.

4. Reform and clean up the MATT-DUCK Law Archive: I am an organizational freak, (the APC members might see a hint of this in the subforum) as such, I will organize the archives to flow better, and create sub-categories within the archive for the larger three categories (Charter, Constitutional Laws, General Laws).

5. Integrate and teach new legislators on the procedures of the Assembly: This is probably one of the biggest thing any CoA needs to do, which is why so few new legislators ever establish themselves and stay long. In an effort to increase this, I would work with the Legislative Committee on getting legislative applications vetted and approved as quickly as possible, then send them messages on how to get involved, and notify them of any votes that are occurring.

All in all, these are the biggest items I would hope to accomplish during my term. This is an office of trust and as such, I would like to think I have built up trust with all y'all over the years! I know open up the floor to debate, and questions!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

Messages In This Thread
Griffindor for CoA: Its all just one big house! - by Griffindor - 12-12-2017, 06:31 PM