We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[WF IC] Establishment of the Commitees

Mr. Strunk, the Gianlucian ambassador to the WF and speaker of the Assembly, proceeded today in building up the World Forum.
Today's plan would be to establish the committees, which were discussed at the Grovne Conference in last year. Also it's not clear yet, who the members of those committees are, if there is something like a rotational system and so on. 
Many things still need to be discussed and finally made official.

"Ladies and Gentlemen,
today we have many things to discuss and vote on. We will listen to many proposals and we most likely won't come to final results on this day as we have to talk about a big topic: The committees! If you read the charter, you can read in Article II, Section B the following:
Quote:Section B — The Committees

1. The World Forum shall have expert committees reporting directly to the Assembly. These committees shall monitor the fulfilment of adopted agreements and suggest issues for discussion in the Assembly.
2. By a simple majority vote in the Assembly, committees may be formed, merged, separated, or dissolved. The rules for committee membership shall be determined by the Assembly.
3. The officers of each committee shall be decided by a simple majority vote in the respective committees.
4. Observers may speak at committee meetings, but shall not have a vote. 

Furthermore we decided on the Grovne Conference already, which countries host which committee in their nation. This has to be made official according to Article II, Section B, Paragraph 2 by an Assembly vote, as we weren't officially the "Assembly" already in Grovne at that time.
Quote:Locations of the main institutions of the World Forum:
Headquarters and the Assembly: Grovne, Sedunn
International Court: Petrovka, Karnetvor
Committee for Health:  Aweiqinna, Huawan
Committee for International Law: Gracemaria, Frost Empire
Committee for the Economy: Sydney, Valkyria
Committee for the Climate and the Environment: Resentine
Committee for Science and Education: Freudstadt, GI-Land

Apart from that in comparison minor topic, we still have obscurities that I would want to tackle in this session.
Therefore I will..."

He took a paper out of his folder in front of him.

"...quote indirectly statements of the Elector Primo of the Federated States of Omega and the Valkyrian Chancellor Harrison, who made the most, if not only striking proposals at Grovne Conference, when it came to committees."

Strunk put on his reading glasses and cleared his throat.

"The Elector Primo basically proposed the following (OOC: I will link my used quotes in the spoilers):
1. Every member state of the WF has a fixed seat in one of the five committees, so it gets an 'expert' in one field. This 'fixed' seat can get changed once in a year.

2. The rest of the seats in a committee are given to other nations. A rotational system, where a nation changes its membership in a commitee every 4 months - if I may interject: maybe now he would suggest every 3 months, as we have one committee more now than at that point of time, where he made these suggestions - should get used, so every nation is part of every committee once in a year.

3. To make a resolution brought up by an officer/a head of a committee to the Assembly binding to all member nations, it doesn't only need a vote in favour in the respective committees, but of course also a vote in favour in the Assembly.

Chancellor Harrison of Valkyria added the following afterwards to make the chair of the committee's role clearer:

Not only a chair, which is called "officer" in our charter, needs to get elected in the respective committees - see Article II, Section B, Paragraph 3 - but he or she can also, with the approval of the majority of the committee, create, merge or dissolve subcommittees of a committee. However, as we can read in Article II, Section B, Paragraph 2, if it comes to creating a whole new committee or merging or dissolving existing ones, the approval of the entire Assembly is needed."

The man took off his glasses again and looked back into the room.

"We need to discuss those things, I've just said. How many members does a committee have? Do we have a rotational system and a 'fixed seat' or not and if we have a rotational system: How much time has to pass, until rotation comes into play? What exactly are the powers of an officer/head of a committee?
I'll give the word first to the person wishing to speak on this matter first. Yes?"

He pointed shortly at the ambassador in the Assembly that wanted to speak first and awaited a first response to the introduction he made.

EDIT: Oops, I promised you my "sources". Here they are:

Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Messages In This Thread
[WF IC] Establishment of the Commitees - by GI-Land - 01-05-2018, 07:45 PM
[WF IC] Establishment of the Commitees - by Omega - 01-06-2018, 11:13 AM
[WF IC] Establishment of the Commitees - by Omega - 03-13-2018, 11:17 AM