We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

It all comes down to tsu (for delegate)!

(01-04-2018, 01:32 PM)Belschaft Wrote: Can I expect a sinecure from you this time?

Let's not put the cart before the horse Wink

(01-05-2018, 07:59 PM)Fauxia Wrote: Cam you give a quick list of your achievements as delegate for the newbies like me?

Thanks for asking Fauxia — however, I hesitate to call what I did as delegate most recently as an "achievement," per se. My biggest achievement was keeping the region safe so that our Prime Ministers and Cabinet could do their jobs. That involved actively building my endorsements, moderating/chatting up the RMB and voting in the WA.

Again, I see the delegate role now largely as a figurehead that doesn't do much, but look pretty and (as some people have rightfully brought up in Discord) bring people together when needed.

Outside of that, my first turn at delegate (which was much more like our Prime Minister role, now), I was most invested in renewing foreign relations and, later, I pushed heavily for a bicameral government model to give the RMB-active nations more of a say. (A battle I lost ...)

I was also delegate during our most recent Great Council, where we laid out our current Charter, including the two-step delegate voting and the current Local Council. Although, I can't take credit for most of the that, since I wasn't involved in the drafting ... I just kept the region together during the process and pushed largely to give the RMB-side a bigger say.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: It all comes down to tsu (for delegate)! - by Tsunamy - 01-05-2018, 09:12 PM