We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Man in a Moment Overthrown

July 11, 2018; 7:27 PM WCT; Office of Harmakmian President Tel Jonas

President Jonas was sitting at his desk reviewing the budget for his great, little country when Senior Advisor Ural Min bust into his office, almost breaking the glass doors. Ural started sputtering out random, disjointed words until Tel said to calm down and breathe.
"Mr. President, you need to turn on the television, now!"
"What happened?!"
"Just watch.'

Tel reached for the remote inside his desk and turned on the large flat-screen to the left of him. The president got up and looked at T.V. in horror as he saw the images of what appeared to be the mountain country of Qhichwa.
"...And here are the ruins are what were once a group of houses. The damage and loss of life are almost unthinkable. Billions of dollars of property damage and thousands of dead and injured. We can only hope for the best for Qhichwa."
Tel Jonas' mouth was gaping wide in horror when he said:
"Ural, get the council and the assembly ready. We are going to send our aid."
"You got it sir!"

Ural ran off to assemble the President's Advising Council and the Harmakmian General Assembly, while Tel still looked at images in horror.

July 11, 2018; 9:03 PM WCT; Harmakmian Capitol Building

Chatter was abundant in the capitol until Speaker of the Assembly Ryon Ikwa banged his gavel.
"Order, Order! Our great President has called this meeting to discuss the events that happened in Qhichwa and what we should do about it."
Tel Jonas rose from his bench and spoke:
"Only two hours ago one of the most powerful earthquakes in the last half a century hit the developing nation of Qhichwa. It caused insufferable damage to the country's infrastructure, government, and lifestyle. Thousand either died of were injured, and billions of dollars of homes and businesses were lost. If that happened to us, would you want help? All I am asking is for you to vote for helping the Qhichwans. Thank you."
More chatter rustled through the politicians until Ryon Ikwa banged his gavel one more time.
"Now all in favor of sending help to Qhichwa say aye."
A unanimous 'aye' echoed through the room as the politicians were moved by their president's speech.
"My council and I will now decide the appropriate response to such an event."
Everyone was leaving the great rotunda when a familiar, low, and annoying voice was heard. It was the greedy politician of the 7th District, Femwar Yuik. The remaining politicians stayed to hear his often controversial comments.  
"Now Mr. President, helping out a country is all fine and dandy, but what does the great nation of Harmakmis get out of helping a dinky little country. We outta use this as a carrot in front of a rabbit's head. We can't just be giving out a billion dollars to get a handshake. Those Qhichwans better help us in our times of need. They should worship us."
Tel Jonas' face began to twitch and his fists began to ball.
"You listen here Mr. Yuik. You shouldn't have to think twice about helping out someone, and you better not want something out of it. It is our duty to help a fellow South Pacific nation. I hope Qhichwa helps us out also, but that is not why I am doing this. It is so I can sleep well at night knowing I did something that matters and made sure the world still is going 'round. If you can't understand that, you should resign as delegate. Understood?"
"Yes Mr. President."

Femwar Yuik briskly ran out of the room, looking that he was about to tear up. Tel Jonas let out puff of air and dragged his hand down his face as he realized that this was going to be a long night.

I, Tel Jonas, the President of Harmakmis, is sending $1.5 billion dollars to help repair the damage as well as sending drop packages, the Harmakmian Elite Taskforce, and the Harmakmian Relief Squad to help out. Expect relief very soon.
Thank You and Best Wishes,
The Harmakmian Goverenment
Tel Jonas; President
Gillo Rans; Vice President
Hal Barnes; Secretary of State 
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Man in a Moment Overthrown - by latomus - 07-12-2018, 09:18 PM
RE: [IC] Man in a Moment Overthrown - by Dillguy9 - 07-13-2018, 03:34 PM