We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Huawan-Valkyria meet, Hai Lan Conference at the Royal Eastern Government Office

Harrison: I would like to further elaborate on my proposal. I did not mean to say that that the dentist from Huawan would have the same wages and workplace standards as that of the engineer from Valkyria. What I meant is that dentists of our countries would be on an equal footing same as the engineers of our countries would be on an equal footing. Depending on the profession of a worker, they will have the same opportunity regardless of country.

With regard to the superhighway—I regret not bringing the environment secretary with me on this trip. I don't want to commit to this proposal until I know the environmental impact of the project. We Valkyrians care greatly about our forests north of the Cordillera Range and we don't want them to be heavily disturbed by anthropogenic activity. Right now, we have a train going through the Mikotoba tunnel that is concentrated on imports and exports—industry. Instead of the superhighway, I propose we construct a tunnel on the eastern end of the Cordillera Range that transport people by using high-speed magnetic levitation technology. This would be a project that would take about ten years, but it would be a more environmentally-friendly option.

[Image: ucsSXbXl.png]

The paths that the system would take in Huawan would be up to your government, but we are already constructing this high-speed rail project in Valkyria. It is possible for us to connect this to Huawan, which is something you have already alluded to. Of course, we will need to make the rails and trains compatible, but I do not think this will be difficult. Right now, our countries are dependent on fossil fuels, which is why I am not committed to the superhighway. Until the world we live in is no longer dependent on fossil fuels and all of our cars rely on renewable energy, a superhighway may not be in the best interests of our forests. In several Valkyrian cities, gas- and diesel-powered cars will become banned by 2025. On the national level, we have plans in place to ban all gas- and diesel-powered cars by 2030. Where is Huawan on this issue?

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huawan-Valkyria meet, Hai Lan Conference at the Royal Eastern Government Office - by Jay Coop - 10-18-2018, 10:23 PM