We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Voting by Military Members in Gameside elections

I'm speaking in my capacity as SPSF General and longest tenured extant member of SPSF (since mid-2016); my post should be taken as neither an endorsement nor critique of the proposal, but rather as a neutral summary of facts relevant to the proposal.

In the past, it hasn't happened that an operation that required WA-locking SPSF members elsewhere occurred during Delegate elections. Quite the contrary, SPSF would usually reserve those times specifically and even remind its members that the in-game vote is now taking place and that they are free to participate in it on their main nations if they wish. With respect to the occupation in Iran, it has just concluded and SPSF members have been told that they may withdraw their WA membership to their main nations in time for the conclusion of the Delegate election. This is the first time that a siege of those proportions have happened during Delegate elections, and typically sieges of this kind per year number in the single digits.

When this issue has been raised in the past, it had been said that SPSF members are usually Legislators as well, and therefore already have had their voice heard in the first round. During the Iran occupation, of the 9 SPSF members that were involved, 6 were Legislators eligible to vote in the first round of this Delegate election.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Amerion

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Voting by Military Members in Gameside elections - by Roavin - 01-14-2020, 07:21 PM