We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(Retrospect RP) FiHami-Peocracy meeting in Govt Island.

The Peony gave a chuckle, a chuckle that seemed to give off an air of comedy and despair. With a dash of acceptance.

"I'm afraid it was nothing of a sort, but to tell you the truth I wasn't supposed to become The Peony of Huawan." Said The Peony, "Nine years ago, when my mom, Akane Yan, still held the office of the Nuwang, her predecessor, my grandmama, LingXin Yan, passed away. It did a number on our family, and we were devastated. Especially my mom, she had such a close relationship with grandmama. Two years after my grandmama's passing was the coronation of the new Peony, my older brother. Ryuunosuke, or Ryuu-chan, as I we like to call him."

The Peony continued to drink some of her chocolate, recalling a memory that scarred her, yet she had faced, a long time ago with great pain and despair.

"Everyone loved my eldest brother. He was a maestro, clever and strategic. At the age of 21 he followed my mom as the High Diplomat.. Or Minister of Foreign Affairs, often times he would type in the things needed saying and choosing to the tablet, and my mom would answer according to his direct suggestion. However... on 2011, a year after my grandmother's passing, my brother died in a plane crash. Malfunctioned engines, no survivors. I was on call that day as the paramedic, and I saw my brother's remains charred and dismembered, jet fuel does melt. My father followed suit two months later, heart attack."

[Image: 0825-China-Plane-Crash.jpg?alias=standard_900x600]
The Peony paused, and continued.

"A new successor was chosen, my eldest sister, Shizuka Yan, became the crown princess. She was the most popular, and the one of the kindest person I ever knew. But the tragic loss of both my brother, my father and my grandmother severely impacted my mom. She tries to be strong, and I try to support her as her personal physician. Stress took the toll on her, and on 2014, two years after the incident, she sadly passed away. My eldest sister was to be coronated, but she refused the throne. She married her boyfriend, the Hammerstarian ambassador to Huawan, Sir Marcus Vanderbilt Rowena, and she orchestrated her immigration moments before her coronation. As a citizen of another country, she is not allowed the office of The Nuwang, which made me be in line."

She gave a sip of chocolate, and a bite little bite of toast. Swallowing it with difficulty.

"Unlike my siblings I am not a natural leader, nor am I given preparation to rule the country. My parents had accepted that I was to become a physician and a researcher. I neither possess half the skill of my peers in other states. Yet... The Royal Palace asks...no.....forces me, to rule. And thus they coronated me without me being there, I remembered staying in the manor for a whole month, still... In my room, my mind processing the things that just happened. I hate to admit that there were times I tried to kill myself, and oh how I feel the sweet satisfaction of an instant release from reality." The Peony explained, "but..... you soon to realize then Allah gave you the amanah, and you must see through the plans. I accepted my fate, and did what I can for the I was responsible for."

The Peony looked away, a bit silent and tired. She continued as she looked away at the crushing sea

"I don't want to seem indulgent when I discuss my lows, or my highs. Nor my demise and my uprise. but I pray to Allah, I just opened enough eyes later on... Gave you the supplies and the tools to hopefully use that will make you strong." Said The Peony, "Enough to lift yourself up, when you feel like I felt. Because I can't explain to you just...... how exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance myself on the eggshells I was made to walk on."

The Peony looked at Finix again, that was listening intently, she took the mug again and sipped once more.

".....天生我材必有用 (Tiānshēng wǒ cái bì yǒuyòng), If heaven made me, earth can find some use for me." Said The Peony before looking at Finix, giving a sincere smile, "I'm sorry I think I was rambling to myself. Would you like to order some main course your excellency? We could share it if you'd like?"
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • GI-Land

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Retrospect RP) FiHami-Peocracy meeting in Govt Island. - by Hammerstar - 11-28-2020, 04:12 PM