We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace

(01-30-2021, 02:21 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: Also, in a non-Chair voice: I feel like both sides seem to think that they themselves are inclusionary while the other side is exclusionary...

Nope — this is wrong. I was being literal in what I was saying.

While I hope it's been made clear, I'm not really a fan of either proposal and would prefer we didn't embark on this road. But, despite Bel's inflammatory naming of this bill, he is correct in that his bill doesn't mandate its use.

Comparatively, the competing bill states:

Quote:(2) If the official flag of the South Pacific includes a charge, the official emblem must be its primary charge.

Therefore, other than the traditional flag for special occasions, the swirl would ned to be the primary emblem on nearly all flags.

Anyhow, point being that I wasn't saying pox on both their houses as I started this discussion, but actually making a statement of fact about the bills that I don't think should be overlooked.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Poppy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace - by Tsunamy - 01-31-2021, 10:46 AM