We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Lile Ulie Islands for Minister of Culture

(07-30-2022, 10:58 AM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: No one should feel unwelcomed or unincluded, and I will make sure that never happens.

There should not be any discrimination based on (list of personal attributes, e.g. sexuality), I agree with this implication. At the same time, I don't think this particular aspect is the issue for why TSP some times might come off as unwelcoming.
Given the recent series of events, it would be logical to assume that I would support this as it is in my current interest. However, I strongly oppose the implications this particular plan suggests. People who have made repeated mistakes and have displayed repeated misbehavior deserve to be sanctioned/unincluded for their own good. (Soft) punitive measures encourage an initiative of a self-rehabilitative process.

(07-30-2022, 10:58 AM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: I would also encourage RPers to join in the Ministry so we can have a grassroots approach to enhancing the community.

My issue here is ''encouraging (...) to join the Government'' It is in my belief that RP community shouldn't be encouraged to join MoC, rather that MoC should maintain active communication with the RP community. Actively encouraging RPers to join the the Political Game is a bit disrespectful, as most have made a choice of which game they enjoy playing. I could also foresee a possible issue of corruption in having certain TSRPers encouraged to join TSPolitics.

(07-30-2022, 10:58 AM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: I would also create The Office of Public Engagement (for the Ministry), which would generally oversee the surveys and hear the opinion from the public.

Completely support this idea. However, I think such an Office should conduct the program on NS, Discord and the Forums.

(07-30-2022, 10:58 AM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: I'd work with the current and future LC's on bridging a good connection from the Ministry to the Council

There are a few options here. Do you think that the LC's should be more intertwined with the MoC, The Delegate or both? If the answer is yes to (any form) of the previous question, to which body should the LC be accountable to the most? Lastly, if the LC were to be abolished, are you prepared to take on their responsibilities of encouraging game-side activity?
[-] The following 1 user Likes A bee's post:
  • maluhia

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Lile Ulie Islands for Minister of Culture - by A bee - 07-31-2022, 04:54 PM