We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Lile Ulie Islands for Minister of Culture

To be honest, I'm a bit confused by the discussion around the LC here. This is a campaign for... Minister of Culture... not Local Councilor? I'm not saying those two entities can't work together, but there's a difference between specific plans on how to work together with the LC and general statements or questions about LC reform, abolition, or neither. Those can go (and are already going!) in the Great Council debate.

I actually really don't get all the references to the Great Council in campaign threads more generally. There's going to be new elections when the Great Council ends anyway. In the meantime, our ministries can continue to operate. We don't need to duplicate our democratic processes, but only with the particular subset of South Pacificans within each ministry — if they want to work together on drafting a proposal to present, that's one thing, but it hardly falls under "supporting the roleplay community and organizing regional cultural activities, events, and exchanges" (nor the areas of responsibility for any other cabinet minister).

/rant. I'll stress this isn't personally directed at your campaign, my thoughts just kind of came out as I was writing this Tounge

(07-30-2022, 10:58 AM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: I would also create The Office of Public Engagement (OPE) (for the Ministry), which would generally oversee the surveys and hear the opinion from the public. OPE would have a Director, and would be the coordinator for the surveying.
What function do you envision for an office and a director specifically, as opposed to, like, asking those interested to make surveys and letting the public reach out to you with their opinions, or voice them in the Assembly, etc.?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • Moon

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Lile Ulie Islands for Minister of Culture - by Pronoun - 08-03-2022, 12:38 AM