We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recall: Minister of Foreign Affairs

In response to a news piece by the East Pacific News Service (EPNS), Minister of Foreign Affairs Sandaoguo made the following comments in regard to Hobbes and a forum switch being undertaken by Lazarus to remove Hobbes as root administrator:

Quote:Furthermore, if I were hazard an (educated) guess, I would say that Lazarus didn't go around telling everybody because they wanted to avoid a situation where Hobbes deleted the forums before they had attempted to archive important information. GCRs are leaky, and it's not like Lazarus hasn't been the target of attacks these past few days.

Hobbes, for reference, is a well respected citizen of The East Pacific, a current administrator and a former judicial official. He has also recently been appointed Deputy Minister of Security in Osiris. Indeed, until Funkadelia threw a fit in Lazarus for reasons still unknown, Hobbes was on the region's Vanguard list of those who have made significant contributions to the region -- including providing them with a custom forum and serving as interim Chairman after Kazmr's resignation, administering the election that resulted in Funkadelia being elected Chairman.

Minister Sandaoguo has refused to apologize for his comments toward Hobbes after repeated calls to do so by citizens of both The East Pacific and Osiris, even after Lazarene officials have clarified that they were never concerned about forum destruction. The only "apology" offered (here) was a sarcastic, insincere remark. This has the potential to cause damage to relations with The East Pacific and has already caused damage to relations with Osiris, as in my capacity as Pharaoh of Osiris, I have begun withdrawal of Osiris' in-game embassy with TSP in protest of the Minister's inexcusable actions.

I move for the recall of Sandaoguo as Minister of Foreign Affairs. The South Pacific needs to be represented by someone who can actually conduct diplomacy with other regions, rather than insulting as many regions as possible and damaging relations with as many non-defender regions as he can over the course of his multiple terms. This region has not elected a diplomat to manage its foreign affairs, it has elected a saboteur.

Messages In This Thread
Recall: Minister of Foreign Affairs - by Cormac - 08-25-2014, 06:41 PM