We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recall: Minister of Foreign Affairs

TNI indicated in its statement that Glen's attacks were among the reasons the treaty was terminated. That would be hard evidence that his rhetoric is having a detrimental impact on TSP's foreign affairs.

Glen, I'm not disputing or ignoring your policy claims. I acknowledge that in terms of policy, you have been pursuing an independent policy. The disconnect is between your policy and your conduct. While you may be trying to advance an independent foreign policy, your conduct as Minister is undermining that policy. You may want closer ties to non-defender regions as a matter of policy, but your conduct is precluding that as a possibility. This has resulted in the termination of two treaties with imperialist regions, permafrost cast over alliances with existing independent allies, and the demolition of any bridge to future independent and imperialist allies.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter that you want to pursue independent policy. But it also matters that your conduct is making that impossible, and you refuse to modify your conduct. Wanting policy isn't good enough when your own behavior is making achievement of that policy virtually impossible.

Messages In This Thread
Recall: Minister of Foreign Affairs - by Cormac - 08-25-2014, 06:41 PM