We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question (interpret the meaning and application of a law) War in Ryccia

(03-24-2015, 09:54 PM)Ryccia Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 09:10 PM)VPRB Wrote: Maximum security encrypted communication from an emissar of the V.P.R.B. to a representative of the Ryccian King

"We have heard of your plan to reduce your nuclear arsenal, and we are willing to buy  your surplus of functioning nuclear warheads. We are willing to pay a generous price and we can provide as currency oil, mineral, money, gold, diamonds, weapons, including chemical and biological one, which would certainly give you the upper hand against Isvou. We will collect the warheads perferably in a  neutral location,but we will also be able to pick them up on Ryccian soil if needed. The offer for biological weapon included a modified strain of the Catacomb virus. Let us know, but remember: the clock is ticking"
Secret Message to the emissar
Well, yes, we could send you the 6,000 nuclear weapons we were preparing to dismantle. I spoke to the King in secret, and he approved this. However, how are we going to fool the other nations in this handout? Maybe we could do it in Ryccian territory, and close off the dismantling site, and then fake some evidence so they can believe us? We can do it in Naobu Island, an island 90% desert with no towns except Fort Naobu, where the soldiers of Naobu are stationed. Even better, the whole island is a military base with a no-fly zone(OOC: Its like an Area 51). We close off the island because of "radiation", put all those nuclear weapons on secret Bruuman ships, you pay us in resources, as we won't fight with chemical or biological weapons, and there! Nukes for Bruuma! We also need to sign some kind of Bruuma-Ryccia Nuclear Weapons Agreement, in which we promise to never fire nuclear weapons on ourselves?

Also, they are uranium-built, not plutonium-built, so they can deal more damage than plutonium nuclear weapons.

Here's the payment arrangement. We will sell you each nuke for a good amount... how about $10 million per warhead? $60 billion in total. Is that agreeable? We also want payment in:
55% oil
30% diamonds(as there are some diamond shortages, as our diamond mines have hit lows this year)
15% money

Is this reasonable?

(OOC: This message is top-secret, so the only way anyone can know about this is that we declassify this. So, ICdly, you have seen or heard nothing)

I propose 55% oil, 25% diamonds and 20% money. Let me know on this one. We will pick the warheads at Fort Naobu with our ships, while at the same times our tankers will deliver the oil to one of your refineries, the money will be transfered from our secret accounts to yours and one of our emissar will personally deliver the diamonds to one your representative, possibly on a neutral ground.

As for the other nations, I suggest we create a decoy: a warhead will be found on a captured Isvou's facility or vehicle - I'm sure you can arrange that - along with papers implicating him in the theft and revealing that all the warheads have been loaded on a ship, loaded with radioactive waste, which (we) will conveniently have sunk the day before on an ocean trait with a floor so deep recovery would be unfeasable. 

As for our dealings, if caught we can justify them as following: the money and the diamonds will be restitution of black funds deposited by Ryccian secret services in Puerto Pollo and Bruuma in the past. The oil will be delivered by a front company and will be actually "confiscated" by Ryccia as a fine for trying to smuggle it into the country. As for the presence of my ships at Naobu, they will be justified as a joint military reasearch on radioactivity for the purpose of developing cleanups measures.

Brother Unclepear
Dear Leader of the Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma

Representing also

El Pollo Diablo
Boss Maximo of the Estado Libre Asociado of Puerto Pollo

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairman Lo Pol
Core Leader of the People's Republic of Kai Fa

Messages In This Thread
War in Ryccia - by Jay Coop - 03-22-2015, 04:55 PM