We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question (interpret the meaning and application of a law) War in Ryccia

Official Transcript from the Carrier HMS Talloran Bridge, Preparing to engage the Punchwoodian Fleet
Location: Carrier HMS Talloran, 2nd Battle Group, Eastern Ryccian Coast
Time: 1:31 AM, Theron Time

Vice Admiral Marcus Reilly: Captain, I want a double check on all systems. Make sure everything is running properly before we engage.

Captain Renard Kerris: Sir, we've done this twice already. The Fighters are already on the run-

Reilly: Captain. Double check all systems.

Kerris: Yes, sir.[Activates ship radio] All Systems, this is the captain. Run a diagnostic of all systems and send reports to the bridge immediately. Kerris, out.[deactivates radio] Orders sent sir, reports should arrive in 5 minutes.

Reilly: Very good, captain. [Begins to go out onto Bridge walkway] Captain, walk with me.

[Reilly and Kerris Step out onto the bridge's outer walkway, Reilly pulls out his cigarette case from his left pocket. He opens it, takes one, and offers one to Kerris. Kerris takes it]

Reilly: [Pulling out a lighter] Son, do you know why I wanted double checks on the systems?[Lights his cigarette]

Kerris:[Pulling out his own lighter] Yes, sir.[Lights his cigarette]

[Both men are now smoking]

Reilly: Tell me.

Kerris: You know how big it is. You know what's at stake here. You're not interested in any risks or errors.

Reilly: Correct. Why else?

Kerris: There was another reason?

Reilly: Yes. We needed to stall. Our Fighters and Bombers can reach Punchwood's fleet in five minutes. The Air Force will need fifteen before they reach the fleet.

Kerris: Pincer Maneuver? With jets?

Reilly: Close. Buffalo's Horns.

Kerris: Who's the reserves?

Reilly: Us.

Kerris: Huh. Guess that's why you're the Admiral.

Reilly: No. I'm the Admiral because I'm thirteen years older and wiser. Now, [Noticing his Cigarette is burnt out, he drops it on the walkway] Get on the radio, and let the fleet know what we're going to do. It'll take ten minutes to get the fleet into position by the time you get in there, and when their done, the Air Force will be five minutes out, so then we'll start launching jets seven minutes into maneuvers.

Kerris:[Also noticing his cigarette is out, but throws it into the water just beyond the walkway] Gods, Day said you were a thinker, but jeez, you did all the calculations too?[Begins to walk back into the Command Center] Oh, and Admiral, I'd appreciate it if in the future you didn't leave cigarettes on my walkway. [Goes into the Command Center and goes to the radio]

Reilly: Of course, my bad.[Picks up the cigarette butt, and throws it into the water] This will be one spectacle to watch. All the guns lighting up in the night. Reminds me of my days back in the Civil War.....[Walks into the Command Center]

Kerris:[On Radio]-ships, this is the HMS Talloran. The Fleet is to move to these coordinates immediately. On your combat maps, we need to move into grid 04, 07. and prepare to press north into the Punchwood Fleet. Fighters are going up in seven minutes and will be going into grid 04, 08. The Air Force will be coming in at Grid 03, 06. Targets are at Grid 03, 07. Fighters are to stay in their groups and make one run before returning to the Talloran. You will drop all payloads on that fleet. Squadron Leaders have already been sent their targets. All fleet ships will coordinate their fire on the first one-third of enemy ships. Those are the orders, good luck, ladies and gents. I'll let you know when to engage.[deactivates radio] Well, Admiral?

Reilly: Now, we wait.

[Silence strikes the Command Center for almost 5 miutes, as all command crew are either pre-occupied or too tense to speak. Suddenly, the silence is broken]

Flight Deck Officer: Sir, Raptor Squadron is requesting clearance for take-off.

Kerris: Admiral? Are we ahead of schedule.

Reilly: They're clear to launch.

FDO: Yes, sir.[To Radio] Raptor 1, you're squadron is clear for take-off. Happy hunting.

[4 Tornado F.2s, launching in pairs, take off from the Talloran. When all of the Tornados have taken off, Navy Harrier Bombers position to take off]

FDO: Admi-

Reilly: Address the Captain, Lieutenant. It's his ship, you need his authorization.

FDO: Sorry, sir. Captain. Tango Squadron is requesting take-off. How do we proceed.

Kerris: They have authorization. In fact, any other flights attempting to take off have authorization.

FDO: Yes, sir. [Goes back to radio]

Reilly: Now the real show begins.

Kerris, indeed Admiral. Let's just hope they all make it back.

[Five more squadrons take off from the Carrier. The moment the Air Force gets five minutes from the Punchwoodian Fleet, Navy Fighters and Bombers turn and begin closing on the enemy, as the Battle Group follows suit.]

Reilly: We engage now, Captain.

Kerris: Aye, Admiral. [Activates Radio] All Ships and squadrons, this is the Talloran. Engage at will!

The Battle Group suddenly lights up with the sound of artillery and missiles. All Batteries pound into the Punchwoodian Fleet, while Fighters and Bombers scream down from the sky doing as much damage as they can to the Punchwood Fleet] As Bombers from both the Air Force and Navy disengage, the Battle Group and Fighters begin to disengage. While there were losses on both sides, Punchwood has taken a significant amount of damage to it's fleet. Exact numbers are unknown for the moment, but it is believed that a ground assault may have been prevented, or at least stalled enough for the Royal Army to set up on the Eastern Coast of Ryccia.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Messages In This Thread
War in Ryccia - by Jay Coop - 03-22-2015, 04:55 PM