We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

SPSF Review - May

I would like to refer the Minister to the following:

(05-02-2015, 06:12 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: The Warzone is not the only thing going on. The fact that you believe we only do one, small, controversial thing once in a blue moon leaves much to the inner-workings of Unibot on the SPSF.

I must admit I was surprised as well at the above post, since I am also among those who believed the Special Forces only conduct missions every few weeks at most. I am not trying to be cynical or otherwise destructive, since my perception as an outside observer really is that the Special Forces conduct missions and recruitment only when there is pressure to show results to the public.

My impression may be wrong or misguided, but I think that this perception is one shared by others as well, and the way to solve this is by constant communication. If the Ministry of the Army wants to ensure the region is aware of all the activity in the Special Forces then it needs to let that activity be known. I would recommend having some regular publication accounting for the actions and other news related to the Special Forces, perhaps a monthly newsletter with mission and promotion records.

A big problem for the Special Forces is perception. It is an entirely reasonable conclusion for any outside observer to think that the military only conducts the occasional mission and does nothing besides that, because there is no other information available. We should ensure the information is out there, for the benefit of the military itself and so our residents and citizens can make better and informed decisions.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
SPSF Review - May - by Unibot - 05-03-2015, 07:25 PM