We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Festival with Albion

[SEASONAL FESTIVALS]

I am happy to say we will hold a festival with Albion. While dates have not been discussed yet, I would hope to do it later this month or early next month. Based on informal talks with the Fellowship staff and the Albion cultural team, we have decided this festival will have a discovery/exploration theme.

We still need to sort out the specifics of that theme and how to apply it to the different games and activities we will hold throughout the festival. Albion was kind enough to provide a list of possible activities for us to hold during the festival:

Albion Wrote:1. The film festival you guys did previously was definitely liked.
2. An avatar contest
3. Short poem contest, the silly four-line limerick kind and/or politically related ones. Then we can have a poll vote for which was the favourite and/or funniest.
4. Community short story (the whole, each person adds a line/paragraph)
5. A market stall.
6. A CYOA adventure RP. (SevenDeaths said he'd happily run it, if it's a go ahead.)
7. Salem.

Some thoughts of my own or that I have discussed with Bono:
  • If we do hold the film festival, we need to ensure we had a good number of submissions in time, to avoid the extremely long duration of the previous one. Ideally we should begin advertising that particular event days before the festival begins.
  • A state visit would be quite nice, so we can get to know a bit more about Albion, and Albion can get to know a bit more about us.
  • During our previous Regional Games we have a Scavenger Hunt. We don't have to do it, but if we did want a gameside component, Bono and I agree that, with some changes, it would be a really nice addition.
  • How would we do this? All in our forum, or (my preferred choice) similar activities in both our forums, encouraging our citizens to check out the other side's festival too?
As always, I welcome all input on the matter.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Festival with Albion - by Kris Kringle - 09-06-2015, 01:05 AM