We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cake Supremacy

Thank you for the questions!

(07-05-2022, 10:41 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: If elected, how will you work with the Prime Minister to ensure the transition in leadership of OWL goes smoothly?

Relatedly, you are currently OWL's Director. How do you imagine your role within OWL will change as Delegate?
As the OWL Director currently doesn't fall under the separation of powers clause of the Elections Act, I am prepared to continue conducting Director duties for a short while to keep OWL running until the Prime Minister has appointed a new Director ‒ if desired by the Prime Minister, I'll of course also offer my thoughts on possible nominees. I'd also happily assist any new Director (should they wish so) in getting settled in the office, something I admittedly totally neglected after my last term as OWL which might've contributed to its activity collapse.

Should I be elected, my role within OWL would naturally primarily be to cast the region's weighted vote in accordance with the office's recommendation. Understandably, writing the recommendation I would base my vote on myself would be somewhat awkward, so I would imagine my role to focus more on the procedural side of things (vote opening, proposal tracking etc.). However, if nobody steps up to author a recommendation on a proposal, as does happen, I'd still be there as a backup writer, and I'd say I'm able to separate my personal preferences as Delegate from my duty as OWL writer very well (differences between my opinion and the public vote aren't that rare in regular procedure anyway, and I've written analyses contrary to my own stance as Director before), plus I'm of course bound to the results of the OWL vote / the Cabinet's override in any case.

(07-05-2022, 10:41 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: A lot of RMB activity is easily lost in a deluge of posts. How will you work for these initiatives to be accessible and able to foster quality RMB engagement, as opposed to simply being lost in the flood?
I know that WFE real estate is very limited, but I imagine that either with some reference there or through a pinned dispatch, a visible and easily accessible placement is possible. Another option might be to fight fire with fire and just repeat-reference them two or three additional times a day on the RMB. Regarding quality responses, that could be tied into the RMB Awards system:

(07-05-2022, 10:41 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I like this idea a lot. How will you ensure these Awards reward quality activity as opposed to spam?
Raw number of posts would be only one of several criteria ‒ for example, the NS API also provides a method to get the total number of likes a nation received on their posts, or how many likes they gave to other people. I could also imagine having a category for the best/funniest/most interesting answers to questions-of-the-day, or just generally for good posts, which could be me noting down fitting posts as I read the RMB, or it could function via a public nomination system, and I (and the LC if they join the project) would judge the nominations. Which exact values will flow into which exact awards and what award categories will be established would be decided together with the LC.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like anjo's post:
  • Encaitar, HumanSanity, Moon, The Haughtherlands

Messages In This Thread
Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-05-2022, 10:41 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-06-2022, 03:40 AM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-06-2022, 10:11 AM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by Pronoun - 07-06-2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-06-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by im_a_waffle1 - 07-06-2022, 05:15 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-07-2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-07-2022, 03:00 PM