We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Great Council Procedures

Alright. So, as this Great Council swings into it's full unweilding-ness, I want think we should place some parameters on future Great Councils.

As it's currently structured, there are no restrictions on how a Great Council is called, set up or run. As such, there is a lot of room was misuse and/or as a means to simply circumvent the legislative landscape. I find that both unacceptable and a potential security risk.

As such, I'd like to add the following:

Quote:Article 10: Amendments

1. This Charter may be amended as needed in accordance with Article 3.
2. All Citizens have the right to request a Great Council for a review of the entire Charter, Bill of Rights, and Code of Laws. A Great Council may only be called once every six months.
3. Legal changes resulting from the Great Council shall meet current legislative requirements.

As such, one wouldn't be able to call a Great Council and push massive changes to the charter with minimal support.

My legalese is probably not great, but I hope we can agree that something along these lines would be a positive step toward ensuring our system isn't open to manipulation.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
Great Council Procedures - by Tsunamy - 01-24-2015, 12:18 PM