We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recall of Prefessor Henn

I don't support a recall but this will impact my vote in the election.

I don't think this is illegal or shows gross negligence as MoA, but this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I've noticed a VERY increasing trend over the last few years with engaging people in private to lobby them to do something, and I think it's a cultural shift that degrades the fabric of an open democracy.

I have been approached via lobbying efforts more times in the last two years than all of the rest of my time in TSP, and 90% of the time I find it extremely distasteful. People don't approach me to discuss issues any more, they are more interested in getting me to change my vote after the fact, or blindly support some sort of reform without seemly even considering my opinion. I find all of the actions terribly distasteful.

Because of Henns actions, I think we were legitimately robbed of a foreign policy debate that could have been had in public, with participation from the entire region. Now a lot of election talk and and issues will be overshadowed by petty personal differences instead of the actual issues in TSP.
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

Messages In This Thread
Recall of Prefessor Henn - by Arbiter08 - 06-24-2015, 12:31 AM