We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Voting by Military Members in Gameside elections

Recently, a member of the SPSF contacted me in my capacity as Election Admiral General to ask whether they could cast a vote in our ongoing Delegate elections despite currently being on deployment in Iran. As we have not yet established a protocol for this, I informed them that they had to be physically present in the region to cast a vote in the poll and that I am unable to accept 'postal votes'.

My question for the Assembly is whether we should make such an accomodation for our SPSF members with an amendment to the Elections Act?

Edit: Current Draft

Amendment to Article 3 of the Elections Act Wrote:
Elections Act

3. Office of the Delegate

(3) After receiving the top candidates in the forum election, an Election Commissioner will create a week-long regional poll accessible to Native World Assembly members, instructing them to vote for their preferred candidate.
a. A Dispatch containing the campaigns of all candidates will be created to aid voters in their choice.
b. Members of the South Pacific Special Forces who are on deployment for the whole duration of the regional poll are eligible to cast a vote. The Minister of Military Affairs shall provide a list of deployed personnel to the Election Commissioner. Members on the list who send the Commissioner their vote through a telegram and a public post on the Regional Message Board which tags the Election Commissioner and notes who their vote goes towards shall have it added to the final tally.
[-] The following 4 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, Poppy, VecTa

Messages In This Thread
[PASSED] Voting by Military Members in Gameside elections - by Amerion - 01-14-2020, 01:45 AM