We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Non-Aggression Pact with Lazarus

Take my word for what it’s worth nowadays, but...

I don’t get how this is in TSP’s strategic interests. Lazarus isn’t defender, and has historically been ambivalent towards defenders. I think the only time they weren’t was when they were under NPO influence.

What foreign policy priority does a nonaggression pact with Lazarus fulfill? Lazarus is allied with Osiris and TWP, both of which are on the opposite pole of TSP in interregional alignment. Given the ample history of Lazarus going back on its word to multiple *allies*, what is a reasonable confidence level that Lazarus will remain non aggressive if Osiris or TWP re-engage with TSP?

Lazarus is part of an open-ended war with the NPO. How would this treaty impact any future relationship between TSP and the NPO? And before anyone brings up NPO’s transgression against us, Lazarus (particularly its historic leaders) and its allies have done tenfold worse in the grand scheme of things. If we’re extending an olive branch to Lazarus, one to the NPO isn’t unthinking and the NPO is by and far a more valuable partner in the long term when considering military and intel strength.

Is Tubbius really all that trustworthy of a partner? Did they ever purge the Wolf crew, or are they all still welcome in Laz?

Traditionally, NAPs are stepping stones to treaties. Do we view this one as such? What about Lazarus makes them a viable future ally? How does that fit with TSP’s defender identity?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Non-Aggression Pact with Lazarus - by sandaoguo - 02-06-2020, 09:56 AM