We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace

So ... since I soapboxed a bit in Somy's thread about how culture works, I figured I'd post this over here.

Look — I get being defensive of the flag. It's been something that has been ingrained in the community for nearly two decades, which, in internet and NS terms might as well be forever.

I also get that this feels very much like a very personal rejection of the community and the region Bel, Kris and I (among many, many others) helped create. I mean, I still use the original forum style which uses Bel's "official logo," which I'm sure many others have never used.

That said, despite our feelings on the situation, we have to be willing to allow new people to make decisions and guide the region in their own right. It's always bittersweet, but allowing the region to change and grow with new people is what made TSP what is it today and really the only way to make sure it stays active into the future.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 4 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Damination, Poppy, Seraph, Somyrion

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace - by Tsunamy - 01-24-2021, 10:25 AM