We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever

As someone who is very interested in learning more about foreign affairs but realizes the obstacles in getting newcomers involved, I'm curious to see whether you had any plans regarding integration of staff within this department. I'm very excited to see the proposed ideas of monthly reports and encouraging discussions. 

For perspective, I joined the foreign affairs department a couple of weeks ago, and while I've enjoyed participating in discussions and 'speculation', it could be hard for someone who is new to NSGP to jump in immediately. I also have not yet been assigned as an ambassador, although I believe that's just due to some unfortunate RL conflicts/timing issues. 

Essentially, I think my question here boils down to wondering how you see yourself managing the current staff, as well as what opportunities are available for them getting involved in/learning about foreign affairs, especially if there are any plans beyond typical ambassador assignments. 

I also think that the PfS has grown to be a very formidable voting bloc over time, and I'm glad to see a big emphasis on it within your platform. What do you think are some of the strengths (and weaknesses, if any) of the PfS bloc compared to other WA blocs, and do you feel that there are any improvements you'd like to work on during your term?

Edit: One last question, sorry!

You might've briefly alluded to this, but what do you see as the biggest "fa issue" confronting TSP currently, and how would you strive to address it as MoFA?
[-] The following 3 users Like moe's post:
  • Jay Coop, Moon, Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever - by moe - 06-05-2021, 04:21 AM