We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cake Supremacy

Thanks (again) for the questions!

(07-06-2022, 10:11 AM)HumanSanity Wrote: How do you conceive of the role of the Delegate as a head of state of the region? Beyond holding the in-game Delegate seat and responsibilities under the Charter and relevant laws, what responsibilities does this impose in terms of how you engage with the region?

If elected, how would you interact with the forthcoming Great Council? Would your interaction/engagement with it change if you are elected from how you would interact/engage as a legislator?
The head of state should be an uncontroversial figure which people can unite behind, so someone who's not too heavily involved in the "politicking-at-large" and serves the region from outside the partisan (well, if you can even call it that, with our consensus democracy culture Tounge) political arena. As the most visible representative of the region and the government on-site, both to the region itself and abroad, the Delegate should conduct themselves with appropriate dignity, but all the while still be a friendly face and ensure to remain approachable for the region's residents - having your Delegate, one of the first people you'll see when first joining the region or NS as a whole, seem like a stuck-up and/or out-of-touch representative of a "political high class" would be one of the least engaging things you could have as a new player.

With the upcoming GC, I'll likely one way or the other continue my longstanding tradition of lurking, but the head of state should also not seem to be completely absent from such an important event for the region. I do have some points of personal interest where I might participate more proactively - if elected as Delegate, I'd probably watch my words there even more than I do now, to keep it absolutely clear that I only participate as a legislator and not as the Delegate. While a post from the person with the fancy name color and title might of course still unwantedly carry additional authority for participants, there's sadly not much I can think of to remedy that, other than just staying put when necessary (did I mention I am very good at saying nothing already? Cheese ).

(07-06-2022, 03:05 PM)Pronoun Wrote: What level of involvement do you anticipate having with endorsement days? (For instance, sending regional telegrams, preparing dispatches, etc.)
The established base process to my knowledge was mainly setting up an informational dispatch with all required info and sending a regional telegram informing everyone of the endorsement days at the start, and then publishing the awards dispatch accompanied with a regional TG when things were over, plus a WFE mention of the top endorsers and the temporary regional flag change. I believe that the TG also offered to send nations their custom list of nations to endorse upon request, I'd also continue this. As the SWAN software does all the heavy lifting for keeping track of everyone's endorsements, all I can think of right now in regard to that might be to post official progress updates with the current leaders once per day when SWAN updates.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes anjo's post:
  • HumanSanity

Messages In This Thread
Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-05-2022, 10:41 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-06-2022, 03:40 AM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-06-2022, 10:11 AM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by Pronoun - 07-06-2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-06-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by im_a_waffle1 - 07-06-2022, 05:15 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by anjo - 07-07-2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Cake Supremacy - by HumanSanity - 07-07-2022, 03:00 PM