We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402?

President Columbo Septimum sat at his desk, wondering what to do, the news of the helicopter crash had not yet made the news, but it would only be a matter of time before it did. The FAA Princio-Stéphano I was at the site, ready to go and explore. There were not that many options to explore. Commissioner of Defence Eusébio Rédium was in the room with him.

"So Eusébio, tell me, what are our options?"

"Well Columbo, there aren't that many, the press will probably be informed of the news of the crash and we have to be the ones to inform them. It will not look politically acceptable if we wait too long. I suggest we tell the press already, after contacting the family of the soldiers implied in the crash."

"Agreed."

"On the matter of the expedition and the rescue, this is where it will be tricky. We can try our luck."

"What do you mean?"

"Since the end of the blockade, we have moved some of our ships in the port of Gubernata, our northernmost port, and we have some smaller, yet, faster vessels docked and ready there. With luck and good weather, we may be able to reach the island where the helicopter appears to have crashed."

"And what if they don't make it?"

"Well, that is a political risk. You are not up for reelection until 2 years, if you even want to be a candidate, the party and yourself might take a hit, but I believe the rewards may be really interesting if we succeed to be the firsts going into the deep sea."

Columbo got up from his seat, walked around a little bit in his office. On the walls there was a portrait of the first President Calpurnio Fabricium, he stopped in front of his portrait, contemplating it.

"You know Eusébio, Fabricium faced some dilemma back in the days, before being President, against the Anserisan Empire. He had received news that some of his best men were pinned down on a hill near Brantavilla, very close to where he was. But he was already there, facing a much greater reward, they were going to storm the main command center and possibly end the war. He did what he had to do, he asked for a regiment that was something around 2 hours from there to rescue them. He stormed the main command center, ended the war and became the first elected President in these islands. The history books don't even mention what happened to the men that were pinned down. I believe, and we all believe in this nation, that he did the right move."

Columbo went back to his office, slowly sat in his chair and picked up the phone.

"Put me through to Commander Platum."

After some time, the line connected.

"Commander Platum? We need you to stay on position, do not go for the rescue of the helicopter, that is an order. You have the authorization to begin the deep see searches."

He hung up the phone.

"Eusébio, you can go and transmit my order to the commanding officer of the vessel located in Gubernata... by the way, which one is it?"

"The FAA Fabricium, a 51-metre offshore patrol vessel, equipped with stern launching ramp."

"The Fabricium? How appropriate. So you give them the order to go as fast as possible to the last known location of the helicopter and begin the search and rescue for any survivors."

"Very well, Columbo, I will do that."

As he stood from his chair and started to head out of the office

"Eusébio? I will also need the name and contact information of the crew of the helicopter, I still have to contact the families. My team will be in charge of contacting the media, that will be all Eusébio."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Klô's post:
  • Hammerstar

Messages In This Thread
RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - by Klô - 12-05-2020, 10:46 AM