We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402?

Monteros, Winston Island, 5th of December, 20XX

[Image: th?id=OIP.OU-S0T3SgUinqYQtyzSvdAHaFj&pid=Api]
"My Peony, before we end this meeting, perhaps you could answer a couple of questions." said Zahra lliong

"As you wish, honourable investigator." Said The Peony, giving a nod to allow the question.

"My team had taken a large database of documents regarding the crash back in 2005 from the Peonic Civil Aviations Commission, Ministry of Transport RPC of Aeronautics and Space. A couple of documents regarding the nature of the flight had been redacted prior to its unveiling." Said Zahra, The Peony looked at her surprised.

"You should have asked the corresponding ministries, honourable investigator." Said The Peony, in a sense of disbelief. "I believe that is common direction?"

"It is... However we do not have the proper clearance for it," answered Zahra Lliong, continuing to press her luck, and suddenly understanding the weight she placed on herself.

".....Then I am sure the corresponding bodies would have its own reasons, honorable investigator. Redaction is common in investigation, and you must make do on what you are cleared to know." Answered The Peony, nonchalant, subjective and with a flat tone. One she uses towards her interns at the hospital.

"My Peony," interrupted Captain Ko, which commanded the attention of the room. "....we believe that the redacted information by the ministries may be the key to solving the crash, and we humbly ask you, as our Nuwang, for your information. It may help us greatly to solve this puzzle once and for all, and I beg you to consider our proposal"

(Song for effect)

"........" The Peony paused, silent, deep in thought. She gazed at the High Commodore, and her admiral, who responded at her gazes, before looking down in respect. She shuffled her eyes up, rolling them left and right to access her brain. The silence was unbearable for Captain Ko and Investigtor Zahra, they were fighting the urge to shout for reassurance, the Peony is lofty in royal conduct, preferring to act rather liberal than her regional counterparts, but she is still The Peony of Huawan.

The Peony gave a nod in understanding.

"Rin." she said, it was the signal for the Peonic Guardians. They bowed deep, and left the room in a neat line, there was no one else in the room except the 8 in attendance. "If you may, Lord-Captain."

Lord-Captain Shuici Souma of The RPNV Sakura then took his tablet to close the blinds of the room, and locked the doors. He proceeded to sit back down. The Peony looked around for a couple of seconds, seeing the time correct, she took phone and logged into the Royal Servers.

[Image: ZE3p0Xk.jpg?1]
"What I'm about to tell you may change the course of this investigation completely, you are not to unveil this information in any radio/transmittable device. Every logging referring to this information must be analogue and for your own eyes only. Use it sparingly unless you have a direct approval from me."

The other people in the meeting room were a lot more surprised than they look, The Peony of Huawan had rarely been so.... serious. She is definitely aware of the secrets of the Peocracy down to the tee, and has been given confidential information as much as she provides them too, but she is seldom serious in this. High Commodore Zheng He saw her demeanor, the one that reminded him that no matter how many times you see her as your own granddaughter, she is the Nuwang of Huawan, more importantly, she is the descendant of his employer, Lingxin Yan, where he was the butler and retainer of the Royal Crest of Huawan

[Image: 11dc-intel-facebookJumbo.jpg]
The Peocracy of Huawan had been a major player in the defence of the region, and its offensive capabilities proven in the numerous expeditions sponsored by the South Pacific Special Forces and its own in the expeditions to client states. We knew that the region was such in turmoil and madness is abundant, and under the royal guidances of the previous Nuwangs, Lingxin Yan and Akane Yan, we established a suitable intelligence network, extensive, far reaching, and spread all over. Infiltration was our bread and butter, and intelligence is the currency of power for today.

At that time, my mother, The Peony, Akane Yan, had comissioned for a counter-bioweapons program in ZhangHai. Superfood rations for soldiers, undetectable toxins, weaponized viruses transmitted via trained animals, even going far to weaponized prions. Undetected, silent and.... manageable. Now we had an encrypted message from the scientist, doctor Hanno Leiber, regarding some of the......projects.... he was offering, healing moulds, mind control parasites, poisonous grain strains. Every epidemic disaster, from the Baillish incident, the Catra Death was somehow connected to him and his lab. We were certainly interested at what he has to offer, but felt that it would be much of a red flag if word got out that we were buying illegal weapons, a disaster would go out if this came to be, and the decision was to reject them. You would know that in these kinds of.... transactions, laying it out bare is one of the most dangerous things one can do. We know their cards and they know ours, and it is a mutual agreement in intelligence that disclosure is mutually assured destruction. We went our separate ways.

[Image: JJs1Xx3.jpg]
But our Crown Prince, my brother, Ryuunosuke Yan however, had his own networks. He knew about the transaction and confronted my mother an hour after, he believed that our involvement in the bioweapons research must remain hidden, and anyone not cleared to know, must be eliminated......I'd like to think that he did it because he didn't want such weapons on the hands of the wrong people............ But I must see this in an objective manner, a member of the secret service was sent from one of our networks in ZhangHai, and he was cleared to lace the hot towels with absorbable poison, within 24 hours their arrival, they would be long gone.

[Image: 5981426878_be922df4c6_b.jpg]
But our intelligence were flawed, we didn't know how deep these people were. The pilots, some passengers, were with them. We lost contact over FiHami, and we did not know what happened afterwards. By that point, the plane dissapeared, and we do not know for sure whether the mission was accomplished. It took the lives of so many people, over the greed and thoughtlessness of my brother. I am here to pay the price, and make things right.

"The full report shall be available to you in printed form by tonight, given by one of my guardians." Said The Peony, sighing deep. "I like to think that all of this are connected somehow, the gold reserves, the cardiologists, the Besernian celebrity and the investigative reporter. Why the black box gave out the signal nearly 15 years since the dissapearance, this is such an interesting... puzzle."

"Thank you for your honesty, My Peony." said Captain Ko, still processing the ideas. "This will certainly help us decipher the ideas and find the clue."

"I've trusted enough people to know that betrayal is the most painful thing that can ever come to a person." Said The Peony, "I will be looking at the three of you with great... interest. Understand it."

As the room remained silent for a while, the phone in the conference room rang aloud, and Captain Souma answered the call.

"Yes..................Ok." He answered before putting the phone down. "My Peony, we had dire news. A helicopter by the Anserisans was downed in an accident, and a rescue call was issued."

"Lord Admiral." Said The Peony

"Send a squadron of rescuers to their aid and transport them to the island. Instruct the forward base to create a makeshift medical base, cooperating with the doctors of Winston Island." Said High Commodore Zheng He, before looking at the two captains in the room "Please see to it that the preparations to receive these men are complete, and instruct the incident commander of the Anserisan fleet on our plans for further cooperation."

"I'll be coming." Said The Peony, "you all have your orders and know of your instructions dismissed."

The meeting ended, everyone knew what to do, and how to succeed. Hopefully they do.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Messages In This Thread
RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - by Hammerstar - 12-07-2020, 05:31 AM