We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402?

For the sake of keeping the conversation as fluid for the reader, each character has been assigned a colour.
Chancellor Atrueue Vischervonda
Minister of Transport Gertie Dreher
Vice-chancellor/Advisor to the Chancellor Adalrich Smarfsoner

In the Fedinschtag building, the Chancellor was reading through some documents off his laptop.

[Image: YtXEsg3.png]
Image of the laptop the Chancellor was using

He had sat down with the Minister of Transport to book a flight to Winston Island a day prior. The chancellor would want to take a commercial flight, along with the rest of the government. It is de-facto government policy to rarely use motorcades, chartered flights and other modes of transport that would be deemed as "sophisticated". Even though technically it wouldn't be the most desired due to other concerns, in practice, not a single accident has happened so far. He and Gertie, along with a team accompanying them would board flight BLG470 from Brient Niewfilrus to Winston Island in business class in an Aeronaut 300neo operated by Bersches Luftefhart Gesellenschaft, the Besernian Aviation Corporation, the flag carrier airline of Besern.

[Image: iH1yBX7.png]
Image of an Aeronaut 300neo operated by Bersches Luftefhart Gesellenschaft

Just as he was about to pack up his laptop in his luggage, a knock could be heard from his office.

"You may enter."

The Minister of Transport, Gertie Dreher and the Vice-chancellor/Advisor to the Chancellor, Adalrich Smarfsoner entered the office.

"Good morning, Cabinet Minister Gertie and Vice-chancellor Adalrich."

"Good morning, your excellency."

"Good morning, your excellency."

"Have you packed up your belongings, cabinet minister Gertie? We're heading for Niewfilrus soon. Vice-chancellor Adalrich, could you be acting chancellor for the time being until my arrival back to Besern?"

"I will do my best."

"You will do your best."

"I have. However, I have some concerns. According to the Besernian Meteorological Agency, a hurricane may be approaching Winston Island."

"When is the estimated time of arrival then?"

"It is currently unknown, however, this may lead to some inconveniences."

"The inconvenience of not leaving for Winston Island is more than the inconvenience of being delayed for ten hours, speaking from experience. I have been made known that leaving for Winston Island in the midst of a hurricane incoming is not recommended, but there is a need for me to go. This is why the vice-chancellor is acting chancellor until I return, or if anything happens. I'll also be boarding the BS Ostrovia and be taking on my powers as the commander-in-chief for the duration of my trip. Should we leave now, cabinet minister Gertie?"

"I understand your point. We should leave now."

"You will do your best, godspeed."

Atrueue and Gertie left the office. They then exited the Fedinschtag building and went onto the Brient Metro.
They then checked-in and boarded the plane.
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Besern's post:
  • Hammerstar, Klô

Messages In This Thread
RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - by Besern - 12-12-2020, 05:09 AM