We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402?

Peonic Expedition Forward Base, Monteros, Winston Island. 5th of December 20XX

[Image: th?id=OIP.1q3A5hTiPaJh8t8fRRVZdQHaE8&pid=Api]
As the base was busy to prepare for the arrival of the RPNV Raika and the preparation of the RPV Katsugawa, a helicopter's shadow was seen as it lands on the big yellow H. The Peonic guardians formed outside at a safe distance from the rescue helicopter welcoming The Peony as she exited out along with the two corporals that stayed along with her. After Rin ordered the other guardians to bow, which was a common courtsey, the Peony gave a nod and turned to give a light bow at the Sarina and Fareed.

"Thank you for your dedication, which shall certainly be rewarded. I now relieve you back to your respective companies." In which Fareed and Sarina bowed deeper, mentioning their gratitude, and setting off. The Peony looked to her guardians, and the High Commodore, looking rather stern.

"The diplomatic conference will start in an hour, my Peony. It would be best that you be prepared." Said High Commodore Zheng He as he gave the reports to The Peony.

"Of course... Thank you for the suggestion." Said The Peony when she accepted the report. She then snapped her fingers in disappointment. "I don't think I've brought any clothes with me... What a shame, perhaps I could visit the nearest boutique, I believe madam Harrison once said to me a boutique she owned in Winston Island, what was it Rin?"

"I believe it was @Chique, my Nuwang." Answered Rin, in an austere fashion.

""Ah yes, @Chique, well I should get ready for the meeting." Said The Peony, and she nodded to Zheng He. "Honorable High Commodore, would you see through the invites and the attendance of the meeting?"

"It shall be done, my Nuwang." said High Commodore Zheng He.

"Very well, Rin, please accompany me to @Chique, and instruct the other guardians to help with the preparations." Said The Peony, smiling before she gaze unto the High Commodore, "tell me when the RPNV Raika and the RPNV Katsugawa arrive, they are the leaders of the expedition and must be available on the negotiations."

"I shall instruct and brief them accordingly, my Nuwang." said Zheng He.

The Peony bowed in gratitude, before gazing to Rin with a wide grin, "let's go shopping!"

Christies Eye, Christies Trench, 5th of December 20XX
[Image: Qok7QYC.jpg]
The sailors of the RPNV Raika were hoisting the sonar submarines up. A storm was brewing in Christies trench, and he believes that progress would be better if the submarine drones were searching at calmer waters. They had much progress anyway.

Professor Kao Min Hao looked at the drone that was hoisted up, his baby, the XFLR-5, was a search drone ZhangHai university made. He had loved the sea and everything under it, and always believed that an appreciation of Pacifica is by understanding the depth, for every layer and level lies evidence of the history. The sea is wide and vast that it was a cosmos of its own.

The Professor watched the sea and felt the urge to climb the railings and dive down. His middle school and high school atheltic career centers in swimming, but he always likes diving more than swimming. His father is an abalone farmer off the coast of ZhangHai near one of the fishing villages, who dove the depths without proper gear to get the freshest and expensive abalones. The sea was his backyard, and the depth was his first love. Affirmed after having sea exploration and oceanography his passion.

[Image: 6d9OyBf.jpg]
As the drone was hoisted, a couple of his assistants had the drone back and retrieved the necessary data. He decided to take a break for a while and looked at the sea, when he noticed that the plane investigator, Zahra Lliong was beside him, taking another smoke.

"Investigator." he said, nodding with a smile.

"Honorable Professor," Zahra said, exhaling another smoke, "aren't you going to help your assistants?"

"I think some break would be acceptable, Lliong-san." Professor Kao said, with a thick ZhangHai accent and dialect. He rubbed his eyes from looking so long at the screen "The submarine is hoisted up and the data would be interpreted as we sail back."

"This place is so deep." said Zahra, taking another puff "do you think we could find the wreckage?"

"The deep-sea canyons of Christies trench is so diverse and treacherous, but the fact that we are still able to collect a signal means that the wreckage is in a depth that is, at least, explorable for us. We are lucky that the submarine earthquakes did not move the wreckage deeper unto the trench. But I could not promise that an earthquake may cause it to drop further." Said Professor Kao, sighing deep. "We should be able to get the data for you to interpret later."

"You would be launching yourself there?" asked Zahra, gazing at the deep-sea manned submarine.

[Image: 135810_jang-hyuk-pinterest.JPG]
"Of course, once we could triangulate the area appropriately, we need to send deep-sea submarines as well as divers to retrieve the box." Said Professor Kao, looking at the submarine. "It may seem simple, but it is in much more difficult in practice. The high torrents, degradation and darkness all contribute to the difficulty, honourable investigator."

"I see.."

Professor Ko coughed from the cold ocean breeze, "Well, it's time for me to interpret the datas. I suppose it is time for you to prepare for the meeting? I hear there will be a helicopter that's going to pick us up, but I'll stay here to interpret the data, I'm afraid."

"Very well, please excuse me, professor." Said Zahra as she takes another puff of the cigarette, and throwing it out to the ocean.

Something that irked the professor, he never liked littering, and the number of expeditions around the trench had increased the amount of litter he saw. But he kept a cool mind and watched the sun and the clouds, it's going to rain heavily, a typhoon is coming. He moves back to the research office to analyze the data

Monteros City Hall, Monteros, Winston Island, 5th of December 20XX
[Image: Baluwatar-diplomatic-meeting.jpg]
The delegates arrived in a rented conference room at the government building in Winston Island, it was easy convincing First Minister Larsen to help host the conference. She will be on a side of her own but will leave more discussions by the Peonic expedition, the Winstonian provincial leader had given her thoughts on the problems the expedition caused for Winston Island, and hopes The Peocracy would raise these issues here.

The Peony had fashioned a new white dress with black checker linings, one that was chosen after a quick tour of @Chique with her guardian and milk sister Rin. As her sister donned a rather fashionable dress for the assembly, Rin had also bought some new clothes by The Peony's (Rather forceful) suggestion but had chosen to don a suit instead in this particular moment.

[Image: R5KjKAI.png]
Both Captain Ko of the RPNV Raika and Captain Souma of the RPV Katsugawa have arrived in the location wearing their uniforms, along with Zahra, who shall be sitting behind the delegation. The High Commodore, Zheng He, has taken an early leave from Winston Island to review naval lease deals with the United Atlantic, leaving Admiral Han Lee in his place.

The Peonic delegation was ready to provide some remarks. The Peony saw the delegations sent from the other expeditions, some ministers, heads of states, and private expeditions. In order to have Captain Ko and Captain Souma free to do their work without anyone shooting at them or intercepting radio frequencies with a large number of pop songs, The Peony has to call for cooperation..

[Image: Jury+Photocall+70th+Annual+Cannes+Film+F...Y_uPXl.jpg]

Honourable delegates, expedition heads, excellencies of our allies. Thank you for providing your precious time and attention for this meeting where we can discuss the crash of HIA 402. Allow me to represent the Peocracy, in providing our deepest heartfelt appreciation to you all in helping us once more to find the missing flight of Huawan Intercontinental 402. My sympathies to those fallen and perish in the Izaakian RV Yellow Submarine, and the downing of the RV Jolly Roger and the RV Rombold off the coast.

We would like to begin by announcing that the search for HIA 402 has been going spiffingly and thanks to your efforts, we are able to triangulate the signal even further, as well as explore further clues in some of the islands. However, her honourable First Minister, Ragnhild Larsen, had been in chaos after numerous reports of signal sabotage, pop songs filling the airwaves of the area and effectively incapacitating so much of the island's telecom services. This is further worsened when some pop songs have effected FiHami's own telecom providers, and complaints come from the Finixian Prime Minister. Further actions that transpired within the coming days have been, remarkable, to say the least.

The Peocracy maintains a single point, in which our sole priority is solving the mystery of HIA 402 and recovering any wreckage including the black box and the CVR. We believe that it would be best to set our differences aside for now, and work together. Any issues we had in the past coming days could be discussed and diplomatically resolved post hoc.

By the Peocracy of Huawan, I now open allow the moderator to open the floor for further discussions regarding this matter, and I hope this assembly remains civil.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • Klô

Messages In This Thread
RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - by Hammerstar - 12-16-2020, 12:50 AM