We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace

While I'm not too fussed about what flag we have, I think Belschaft's proposal is reasonable. All it seems to say is "this is the current flag, change requires permission" (i.e. an amendment). Contrary to Somy's claim on the other thread this proposal does not rush things unnaturally, but rather ensures the status quo won't be discarded without widespread support. The only issue I can see with this proposal is that it reserves a decision on the flag to the Assembly rather than the entire TSP community. As such, may I suggest:

Quote:(5) Once the official flag or offical logo changes, the Delegate must conduct a regional poll on this change and must communicate the results to the Assembly for its consideration.

The idea behind this is that if we vote to change the flag, then gameside will get an after-the-fact advisory vote. This is the best I think we can do without running into the Legislative Procedure Act (the Court found in 1918 Voting Thresholds made that it sets the passage requirements for general laws). Happy to hear other ideas though (especially ways to get a gameside vote in before the change is made). Also, while I would appreciate that gameside gets a vote, I understand if the Assembly does not agree with me.
Former Associate Justice of the High Court of the South Pacific (4 December 2019 to 5 February 2021)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nat's post:
  • Comfed, Poppy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the Cultural Act: Defending our glorious flag from the spiral menace - by Nat - 01-24-2021, 07:50 PM