We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever

(06-05-2021, 06:47 AM)Witchcraft and Sorcery Wrote: You and I agree on a lot when it comes to FA things. I appreciate your resoluteness in maintaining our commitment to defending first and foremost and your strong stance on practices like quorum raiding.

You mention wanting to create reports on activity in other regions. A couple questions that might be related to this:

- First, what is the target audience of these reports? Are these public Assembly-level reports, for the Cabinet, and/or for MoFA internally? I feel this is something that could have a dramatic effect on how the reports are used.

- What do you see as the role of ambassadors? Both in this process and when it comes to FA as a whole.
I intend to publish these reports in the Ministry's subforum, similar to the SPSF reports that the MoD puts together, available for public consumption. Our ambassadors will continue the same work that they have been doing with Roavin as MoFA, and I will make use of their reports to compile a region-by-region summary. If there are no ambassadors assigned to particular regions, I will research myself for those regions. The primary purpose of these reports is to increase awareness in the Assembly of events occurring outside the region and allow us to make informed decisions or intervene wherever and whenever necessary.

However, your question alluded to the type of content we may find in these reports depending on the intended audience. I want to assure you that I will provide specialized reports on sensitive situations in the appropriately-named Situation Room. I wouldn't want to make any untoward statements in the public reports without putting it through the Cabinet first. If it concerns both the Cabinet and the CRS, it will go to the Joint Security Room instead.

Altogether, I hope to continue the practice of bringing ambassadors to meetings with counterparts, which I believe is a welcome change made by Roavin. Becoming an ambassador is step one to becoming MoFA, so it should be natural to have ambassadors present and learn a few things about negotiations and other diplomacy-related matters. By the time they are elected MoFA, they will already know a few things that will allow them to get a head start on leading the region's foreign policy agenda.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Stan Melix, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever - by Jay Coop - 06-05-2021, 07:20 AM