We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever

(06-10-2021, 07:12 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: If the Partnership for Sovereignty isn't warm to the idea of militarizing the alliance, do you have a backup plan for the kind of defender alliance you are envisioning? Right now, defenderdom is pretty complacent with Libcord being the substitute for an actual alliance. Not all defenders use Libcord, and those might be the first to go to for creating a military alliance. But I'm just wondering how much thought you've put into a Plan B if the PfS signatories want to keep the organization solely focused on the World Assembly.

Having served as MoFA before, I know all too well the experience of having proposals shot down by other regions. It has come to my mind that our friends in the PfS may not be receptive to the notion of expanding the organization's scope, so if I cannot materialize such an alliance within the PfS, I am willing to pursue its development parallel to the bloc. I have often compared the PfS to the real-life European Union, but if we cannot establish a capacity for collective defense within the PfS, we can fall back on developing a NATO-like institution featuring defender regions.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jay for Foreign Affairs – Stronger than ever - by Jay Coop - 06-11-2021, 04:01 PM