We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LegComm Nomination - Anjo

Greetings all,

Recently LegComm took open applications for the Legislator Committee with intent of providing us a recommendation for a Candidate to nominate to the Assembly per 1(2) of the Legislator Committee Act.

LegComm has recommended @anjo for Legislator Committee, their application responses can be found here. Now, it's our decision whether to forward the nomination to the Assembly or not. 

Personally, I'm leaning in favor of the nomination. In general, anjo is one of our more consistently active members and incredibly professional in his handling of procedural matters, as demonstrated by his work in the Chair's office. A concern is about anjo's lack of Gameplay/FA knowledge, and therefore that anjo may not be fully ready for some of the security tasks of LegComm. However, LegComm is currently well-staffed in terms of Gameplay/Security knowledge with Roavin, Nakari, and W&S, and Anjo is more than capable of stepping into a lot of LegComm's other roles to help avert the backlog, in addition to being generally willing to learn for the longer-term. Another concern, perhaps, is a conflict of interest with the role of Chair, but I honestly can't say I see a specific spot where it might produce a conflict. I am curious if there's precedent for the Chair serving as LegComm.

What do others think?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

I'm definitely in favor of nominating Anjo to LegComm and agree with everything that HS said. Having worked with them on a number of Chair- and OWL-related things in the past, I can say that they are one of the best people in the region to be handling anything procedural.

Given that there hasn't been much substantive discussion and I flagged on Discord I'd be moving this to a vote today, let's vote!

HS votes Yes
Ambassador to Balder

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

Aye

Aye
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Abstain since I'm LegComm
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Aye

Given that Floptop is largely away for holidays recently and that there's an overwhelming majority, I'll close the vote at 4-0 with 1 abstention and present this to the Assembly later today.
Ambassador to Balder