We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Repealing our treaty with CK

Hello fellow Ministers,

I want to repeal the Seashell Accords with Conch Kingdom, and am looking for your approval to do so.

This treaty was in some ways a pet project of Escade. At the time, it made sense on paper, with two unaligned (if differently leaning) regions that had similar themes and vibes. But after around mid-2018 it had pretty much just become an alliance that is merely on the books. We haven't interacted militarily in any direct fashion, and only very occasionally indirectly through Libcord/Antifa. We haven't had any cultural events and neither they nor us really seemed to care. They're in the AA/Altinosphere, we've since become fully Defender, and it's just not in any way a helpful piece in our FA portfolio (and not much in theirs either). Finally, AA regions have turned out to be just fine with some RP'd fascist imagery while not being fine with simple pride flags, something that I think is incompatible with our values.

I proposed repealing the treaty amicably to them and they agreed with that course of action. Do I have Cabinet's approval to move forward and bring this to the Assembly?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Aye
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

Aye

Aye

Aye

That's a majority (and unanimous from the FAC), so I went live. Thank you!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]