We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Ministry area Reorganization

Hi all;

As most of you likely will notice, Kris has reorganized our offices, including merging all of the public Ministry areas per the forum reorganization plan that has been up for discussion for several months. Long term, I think this is a beneficial change, which is why I signed off on it, but it will take some adjustment and getting used to.

Id like to talk about how we want to organize the new all-Cabinet sub forum. In my mind, I think each Ministry should have one pinned thread and then announcements can go in unpinned threads or in the main pinned threads.. That said, I'm open to thoughts and input from others and could write up more when I have more headspace for it

What are others' thoughts?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

One pinned thread per Ministry, pinned threads for other things (like extant Cabinet orders), announcements go in new threads (and encourage peeps to post in those threads in response).

For MoFA's pin, I'd just use the previous MoFA Team thread I had already created.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

One pinned thread for MoE would work great and I think having one pinned thread for each Ministry is a good idea. All of the MoE project threads are linked in the main MoE info thread, so pinning them all is redundant anyway. I don't remember what the other Ministries' subforums looked like, but I imagine they can take a similar approach to MoE (having links in a central thread) if they need to easily access more than one thread.

Besides that, I generally agree with the points brought up so far.

Sounds cool with me. One pinned thread for MoD is fair and I can just index anything relevant in the OP of that thread.

Ok, let's make the plan be one pinned thread for each Ministry + extant Cabinet-wide threads and then everything else goes below that.

From here, I think each Minister (and OWL if @BlockBuster2K43 thinks it's appropriate) should work on a thread. I think this is a realistic goal to get done by the time the transition to the next Cabinet happens. I'll work on the whole Cabinet threads
Ambassador to Balder

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

Thank you to Hya and Moon for being on top of this!
Ambassador to Balder

[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • Moon

At this point, do we also want DAC/FAC subforums? The FAC one would surely have a use case.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]