We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

New Minister of Media

LegComm conducted the January activity check and found that Floptop no longer meets the minimum voting requirement. Should LegComm remove Floptop, the Cabinet will need to replace Floptop as a Minister.

I'll be reaching out to potential candidates throughout the day to gauge their interest. After we have an assessment of who may say "yes" and what they could potentially offer, we'll be able to vote. Ideally, I'd like to wrap this up in the next 48 hours.

Possible options:
- Jebediah/Johngi
- Ike/Ikania
- Jeeves

If people have other suggestions, feel free to list them here and we can discuss them.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

Ike is a sure/yes and Jebediah/Johngi is a no
Ambassador to Balder

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

Since we are in election time right now I think we should ask LegComm to hold off until elections are over, then remove Floptop.
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes im_a_waffle1's post:
  • Moon

(02-02-2022, 10:15 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: Since we are in election time right now I think we should ask LegComm to hold off until elections are over, then remove Floptop.

While this would be my preferred option as well, unfortunately LegComm can only legally remove legislators during the first week of the month. The election extends a couple days beyond the first week.

(02-03-2022, 02:03 AM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: While this would be my preferred option as well, unfortunately LegComm can only legally remove legislators during the first week of the month. The election extends a couple days beyond the first week.

I'm curious; LegComm can legally remove Legislators who've failed their check previous within the first week. However, if they don't, then they can't for the rest of the month.

Doesn't this create a loophole where the in-question Legislators can enjoy the benefits of their status that they shouldn't legally be able to enjoy in the first place, until LegComm removes them next month? This includes voting on proposed bills and amendments, which would make them eligible to retain their Legislator status next month if they choose to do so.

(02-03-2022, 03:49 AM)Moon Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:03 AM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: While this would be my preferred option as well, unfortunately LegComm can only legally remove legislators during the first week of the month. The election extends a couple days beyond the first week.

I'm curious; LegComm can legally remove Legislators who've failed their check previous within the first week. However, if they don't, then they can't for the rest of the month.

Doesn't this create a loophole where the in-question Legislators can enjoy the benefits of their status that they shouldn't legally be able to enjoy in the first place, until LegComm removes them next month? This includes voting on proposed bills and amendments, which would make them eligible to retain their Legislator status next month if they choose to do so.
I feel like that is by design, not a loophole. And besides, there's no inherent harm in someone inactive coming back. LegComm members are allowed to removed legislators during other times of the month if the legislator has no chance of meeting the requirements during that month. This would include things like bans.

This was kinda a threadjack whoops lol, you should go make an Assembly thread if you're concerned about it.

I have requested LegComm not revoke Floptop's legislator status. That's obviously their call and we'll know when they go through and remove inactive Legislators whether this thread is necessary or not
Ambassador to Balder

[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • Moon