We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Abolish the Ministry of Media - is third time the charm?

VOTE FOR BELSCHAFT AND
[Image: aIO137E.png]

Twice before I have come before this great region at election time with one simple proposition; I believe that the Ministry of Media is unnecessary and that it should be abolished.

To the credit of the current cabinet the Southern Journal has been more active over the last four months than it usually is - seven articles have been released over the last seventeen weeks - but none of this required a Ministry or a Minister. There are no restrictions or prohibitions preventing any member of The South Pacific from writing and releasing their own newssheet, blog, opinion piece or gossip column. The Ministry of Media does not add value to our region; it does not enhance our influence and reputation abroad, whilst at home it simply adds an extra layer of bureaucracy and an additional elected cabinet position to our government.

The Ministry does nothing that individual players can't do more easily and better. 

The Ministry should be abolished.

If elected Minister I will abolish it.

My election promises are simple and if you vote for me I will keep them;
  1. I will shut down the Ministry of Media on day one and archive it's sub-forums and discord channels.
  2. I will make any and all assets the Ministry has - graphics, formats, guides, etc - available to the public as a free resource.
  3. I will bring legislation to the Assembly to formally abolish the Ministry of Media.
  4. I will regularly spin the Wheel of Subversion.
  5. I will reinvest the Ministry of Media pension fund in my new crypto currency, Schaft-Coin.

Conflict of Interests: My main nation is Belschaft and I am in no region other than TSP. I currently have several puppet nations because a poll said I had to join the SPSF and do a liberation. I am an Associate Justice of the High Court and a Senior Moderator.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Encaitar, Quebecshire, Wizard Ferret

Hi,

If the Ministry of Media is abolished, what will happen to all the current roles done by the Ministry of Media such as graphics design and TSP guides? Will these roles be passed into other ministries within the government?
Signed
BlockBuster2K43

Find out more about me here!

(02-02-2022, 04:43 PM)BlockBuster2K43 Wrote: Hi,

If the Ministry of Media is abolished, what will happen to all the current roles done by the Ministry of Media such as graphics design and TSP guides? Will these roles be passed into other ministries within the government?

Both of the roles you mentioned are actually under MoE already.

(02-02-2022, 01:07 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
  1. I will shut down the Ministry of Media on day one and archive it's sub-forums and discord channels.

Can you please supply the technical specifics on how'd you achieve this? Thx.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-02-2022, 04:53 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:

I will politely but firmly inform all MoM staff that their services are no longer required, and then issue their redundancy packages in NSGP’s hottest new crypto currency Schaft-Coin. As part of the exit process I will direct them to the other, more useful Ministries.

Once this has been done I will instruct admin to archive all MoM sub-forums and Discord channels for my review, and then I will identify any and all assets which may be of value to the community as a free resource.

(02-02-2022, 05:05 PM)Belschaft Wrote:

I will politely but firmly inform all MoM staff that their services are no longer required, and then issue their redundancy packages in NSGP’s hottest new crypto currency Schaft-Coin. As part of the exit process I will direct them to the other, more useful Ministries.

Once this has been done I will instruct admin to archive all MoM sub-forums and Discord channels for my review, and then I will identify any and all assets which may be of value to the community as a free resource.

So what I'm hearing is that you don't actually have the power to do what you're promising, correct?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-02-2022, 05:09 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 05:05 PM)Belschaft Wrote:

So what I'm hearing is that you don't actually have the power to do what you're promising, correct?

Only the Assembly has the power to permanently abolish the Ministry of Media - see my third election promise - but as the elected Minister I will have both the authority and electoral mandate to shut it down for a minimum of four months.

If elected Prime Minister I will do everything in my power to obstruct and delay this silliness as much as possible.

Abolish this idea instead of the Ministry.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

(02-02-2022, 04:44 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:43 PM)BlockBuster2K43 Wrote: Hi,

Both of the roles you mentioned are actually under MoE already.

I see, I did not realise this, thanks!
Signed
BlockBuster2K43

Find out more about me here!