We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declarations of Candidacy

DECLARATIONS OF CANDIDACY

[Image: yVO1LNm.png]

MARCH 2022 CHAIR OF THE ASSEMBLY ELECTION

Fellow South Pacificans,

I come before you to announce that it is once again time to elect the Chair of the Assembly. The Chair of the Assembly is the official in charge of presiding over the Assembly, and overseeing all steps of the legislative process from drafting to voting.

Elections for the Chair of the Assembly are administered by an Election Commissioner. The election, as laid out in Articles 2 and 5 of the Elections Act, is as follows:
  • Candidates must declare their candidacy and post a campaign and a conflict of interest disclosure in the public campaign area.

• A single round of voting will be held with all candidates and an option to re-open nominations, where voters will be able to list candidates whom they approve without regard to any order of preference.

• If no candidate has a majority of approvals, then the option to re-open nominations shall be considered the winner and the election shall revert to the nominations period.
The remainder of this post will contain relevant information for candidates and voters alike, so that this election process may proceed as smoothly as possible. Good luck and thank you for participating in our democratic process!

Yours faithfully,

Kris Kringle
Election Commissioner

[Image: MmySdEf.png]

SCHEDULE

The election shall proceed according to the following schedule. If any changes are made, they shall be reflected below.
  • Declarations begin on and end on (countdown).

• Campaigning begins on and ends on (countdown).

• Voting begins on and ends on (countdown).
Please consider time zone differences when reviewing the deadline for each stage in the election. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames (time zone conversion).

[Image: MmySdEf.png]

HOW TO

RUN FOR OFFICE

Candidates must comply with the following requirements within the declarations period (see schedule above) to be considered for election.
  • Be a legislator before the beginning of the declarations period.

• Declare their candidacy or accept a nomination via a reply to this thread.

• Post a thread within the public campaign area containing a campaign and a conflict of interest disclosure. The disclosure must contain all potential conflicts of interest within the region and abroad. Submission of false or incomplete information in a conflict of interest disclosure may be grounds for disqualification.
Once a candidate meets all the above requirements they will be considered for the ballot and may campaign as they see fit, subject to all applicable laws and standards of conduct.

VOTE

The election consists of a single round of voting held via Approval Vote and open to all legislators who gained their status prior to the start of the election.

There are two ways of casting a vote. In both cases, the act of voting involves listing all candidates whom the legislator approves without regard to any order of preference or, instead, selecting the option to re-open nominations.
  • A public vote may be cast via the Public Voting Booth, which will print the vote as a reply to a designated voting thread.

• A private vote may be cast via the Private Voting Booth, which will send the vote as a message to an account accessible only by the Election Commissioner. Every private vote is assigned a reference code known only to each individual voter, so that they identify their vote once the tally is released.
Please consider time zone differences when reviewing the deadline for each stage in the election. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames (time zone conversion).

[Image: JRHPqCU.png]
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I nominate The Haughtherlands.
[-] The following 3 users Like Moon's post:
  • anjo, Quebecshire, The Haughtherlands

I nominate Quebec

Second The Haughterlands.

Decline my nomination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Quebecshire's post:
  • The Haughtherlands

(03-14-2022, 01:18 PM)Moon Wrote: I nominate The Haughtherlands.
I accept my nomination
[-] The following 5 users Like The Haughtherlands's post:
  • Altrio, anjo, im_a_waffle1, Purple Hyacinth, Quebecshire

I declare my candidacy.
[-] The following 2 users Like LFP's post:
  • anjo, The Haughtherlands

Second LFP