We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LFP for Chair

LFP for Chair
(chair emoticon doesn't seem to work, sad)

experience
I have never been a (Deputy) Chair in our Assembly, nor I have held a similar position in any NS legislative bodies. That said, however, I have some transferable skills holding similar positions in online PolSim communities, and if we are willing to go back a decade and tad more, in Model United Nations.

Would that be a problem? Possibly for the first week or two as I get to grip with the administrative side of the job. It may take a second for me to understand how the behind-the-scenes systems operate. I don't foresee any significant issues apart from that. 

activity.
I believe I have enough time on hand to be active, to not burn out, to not go AWOL, and to discharge the duties of the ? without any major issues. Deputizing responsibilities will also allow me to share the workload and avoid burning out, while ensuring those who are interested are given an opportunity to take part in Assembly leadership. 

my offer.
Notwithstanding the introduction of a bill to amend the Law Standards Act to make Comic Sans the official font of all Assembly documents, I offer to continue to build on the works of all the previous Chairs that came before me. I also pledge to work for the Assembly, as it is the most supreme body of the South Pacific, and represent the interest of all legislators. 

things of note. 
Quote:1. Mentions in NationStates, Pings on Discord.
I intend to continue 'mentions' in NationStates to announce votes, 'pings' on Discord to announce results.

Quote:2. Weekly (or bi-weekly, or whatever) Status Updates
Work with the Prime Minister or/and Minister of Engagement to see if the Chair can push a (bi-)weekly status updates, via Telegram, to the members of the South Pacific. This may not only allow us to keep the game-side community up-to-date with what is happening in our Assembly, but it may also allow us to convert some additional players into legislators.

Quote:3. Welcome to the Assembly-package
I want to build a 'Welcome to the Assembly!" package that can be sent to newly approved Legislators via NationStates TG, Discord DM, or Forum PMs. (i.e. making something like this, but sexier)

Quote:4. Scrap the Mentor Program
I don't have an issue with having points of contact for new or/and inexperienced legislators. That said, I don't see real value in the Mentorship program that is focused on "explaining how the Assembly works, where to find the laws, what the Ministries do", as the thread explains, where such information can simply be provided in writing. 

Plus it is dead. And if anyone has a better idea on how to operate a good 'Introduction to Assembly' program - it is better to be built from ground up.

Quote:5. Other stuff
Continue the review on all existing laws for inconstancies. Keep the Assembly up-to-date with decisions and projects being undertaken by the Chair. Be open to feedback, criticism, and suggestions brought forward by fellow Legislators. 

conflicts of interest.
Pendelk. Legislator in the South Pacific, 
Kyaz. Puppet in the Baztharh. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes LFP's post:
  • The Haughtherlands