We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Omnibus RMB Moderation Amendment

This omnibus amendment is designed to change the task of moderation of the RMB to RMB Moderator(s), rather than the Local Council. Why?
(1) RMB Moderation is a highly time-consuming task (I say this from experience Tounge) and distracts from the true purpose of the LC - leading the gameside.

(2) RMB Moderation is inherently an OOC task, and can best be conducted OOCly, rather than by an IC political office.
Charter of the Coalition Wrote:V. THE LOCAL COUNCIL

Establishing home rule for the in-game region residents.

(1) The Local Council will be the local government of the in-game community, composed of three or more residents of the South Pacific, and will represent the interests of all players in the region, moderate the Regional Message Board, encourage activity on the gameside, and administrate itself on issues unique to the in-game community.

(2) The Local Council is entitled to self-administration within its jurisdiction on local issues, but may not pass laws or regulations that contradict this Charter or constitutional laws passed by the Assembly. To that end, the Assembly may not enact any law, nor the Cabinet deliver any directive, that is solely related to an issue local to the in-game community, except as done under the terms of this Charter.

(3) The Local Council may not be denied the authority to run regional polls, and create and pin Dispatches, and to suppress messages on the Regional Message Board according to a standard moderation policy. However, it may not alter the regional flags or tags, and may not send out mass telegrams, without the approval of the Delegate.

(4) To help promote inter-governmental relations, the Local Council may send a representative to the Assembly whose term must not exceed the Local Council’s. The method of selection will be decided by the Local Council.
Regional Officers Act Wrote:2. Regional Officers

(6) The Moderator team may, by consensus, appoint a group of up to two Regional Message Board Moderators, who shall each be allotted into Regional Officer positions with, at minimum, Communications powers. The Moderator team may, by consensus, order the dismissal of any Regional Message Board Moderator.

(67) Members of the Council on Regional Security who concurrently serve as another Regional Officer named in this act shall be granted the powers of both offices.

(78) Where applicable, all unused Regional Officer positions shall be allotted to the Council on Regional Security.

(89) During elections, the Election Commissioner will be granted Communications and Polls powers.
Border Control Act Wrote:3. Powers of the Local CouncilRMB Moderators and the Delegate

(1) The Delegate, or a majority of the Local Counciln RMB Moderator, may order a border control action against a nation they determine to be a spammers or trolls. The assent of the Council on Regional Security is required if the nation in question is not a low influence nation.

(2) The Delegate or Local CouncilRMB Moderators must inform the Council on Regional Security immediately after having ordered such a border control action.

(3) The Local CouncilRMB Moderators may enact policy allowing border control actions within its purview to be performed unilaterally by a border control officer. Any change to such a policy must be clearly and immediately communicated to all border control officers.
Local Councilroar.

There is no such thing as a "Global Moderator team" within our laws, so you would have to either define that or use a different term.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Apatosaurus

(03-18-2022, 11:25 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: There is no such thing as a "Global Moderator team" within our laws, so you would have to either define that or use a different term.

Would just "the off-site Moderation team" work?
Local Councilroar.

I would also strongly object to them having border control powers, because that's a large step from current laws. I'm reluctant to give anyone outside of TSP's security bodies or those appointed by them border control powers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farengeto's post:
  • Apatosaurus

(03-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Farengeto Wrote: I would also strongly object to them having border control powers, because that's a large step from current laws. I'm reluctant to give anyone outside of TSP's security bodies or those appointed by them border control powers.

Would it not be about as secure if they are appointed by Moderation? Alternatively, there could be a requirement that the appointments have to be OK'ed by the CRS or similar before they are formally appointed into the RO slots.
Local Councilroar.

These amendments to the Regional Officers Act and the Border Control Act are compatible with my proposed amendments to abolish the Local Council.

(03-19-2022, 02:05 AM)philipmacaroni Wrote: These amendments to the Regional Officers Act and the Border Control Act are compatible with my proposed amendments to abolish the Local Council.

And?
Local Councilroar.

(03-19-2022, 02:22 AM)Apatosaurus Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 02:05 AM)philipmacaroni Wrote: These amendments to the Regional Officers Act and the Border Control Act are compatible with my proposed amendments to abolish the Local Council.

And?

Which means this isn't a deterrent to not abolish the LC.

I can incorporate parts of this amendment with my proposed amendments to abolish the LC, and just hold a single vote for it.

I'm a little lost here, so bear with me, but is the intention to have RMB moderators just take care of spammers and trolls?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

(03-19-2022, 03:06 AM)philipmacaroni Wrote: I can incorporate parts of this amendment with my proposed amendments to abolish the LC, and just hold a single vote for it.

I don't think that would be good. It's entirely possible that people might feel differently about each proposal and they should have a chance to vote accordingly.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 3 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Apatosaurus, The Haughtherlands, Volaworand