We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[COMMUNICATION] Chair's Briefing I

[Image: YWbCwrJ.png]
Chair's Briefing I
Introduction
Fellow legislators,

I'm honoured to present to you the inaugural edition of the totally-not-stolen-from-Amerion Chair's Briefing, where I hope to provide transparency between the Assembly and the Office of the Chair as well as the region as a whole. Due to it's inaugurality and the fact that I kind of forgot about it and had to crunch it out, it isn't perfect (the Record summary graphic refuses to be transparent), but alas, here it is.
Assembly Census
[Image: Utxb8dJ.png]
Changes in Legislator Count:
  • Mar 22 · +2 (Lerasi, Lily Theodora)
  • Mar 25 · +1 (Liovie)
  • Mar 26 · -1 (Arwan Irawer)
  • Mar 27 · -1 (Apatosaurus)
  • Mar 28 · +1 (werner)
  • Mar 31 · +1 (killer1997)
I will take this moment to honour the active legislators, listed below:
Assembly Record
[Image: ghEnZhX.png]
⦿ March 2022 | To the dismay of Election Commissioner Kris Kringle, the Great Resignation crisis continues to plague the South Pacific.

⦿ 18 Mar 2022 | The Local Council's future is in doubt, as legislators of the Assembly propose and debate to either reform or abolish the Council.

⦿ 19 Mar 2022 | After the release of a private matter by the Cabinet, some legislators have begun to criticise the Cabinet for lack of transparency.

⦿ 1 Apr 2022 | The Courts have dissolved the government, dismissing all Cabinet Ministers, including the Prime Minister, and legislators, while establishing a temporary commission of the Delegate, Chair, and Chief Judge to govern effective until 2 Apr 2022. More information is available below in the spoiler.
Assembly Projects
⦿ Economy Act | In an attempt to increase activity within the Assembly, the Office of the Chair has begun drafting an Economy Act, which will establish a regional economy. The bill will likely remain unreleased until after the temporary injunction established by the Courts.

⦿ Gameside Projects | The Weekly Assembly Update on the RMB as well as the Assembly Gazette have both been kept up and running.

⦿ Chair's Briefing | The Office has also, quite obviously, begun the Chair's Briefing project to increase transparency.
Assembly Votes
[Image: ufKvHOB.png]
⦿ A2203.01 | Nomination of HumanSanity to the General Corps | 25 Ayes / 0 Nays / 8 Abstentions41 Absent

[Image: L0IW8Z0.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Haughtherlands's post:
  • anjo

I do find it rather negligent to include an obvious April Fool's joke in this update as the largest item in the list, with no indication it is fictional. Especially since this has been shared as a dispatch on gameside with no links or context to it. Stating that as though the government and assembly have actually been dissolved gives a false impression with potentially severe impacts.

(04-02-2022, 04:08 PM)Farengeto Wrote: I do find it rather negligent to include an obvious April Fool's joke in this update as the largest item in the list, with no indication it is fictional. Especially since this has been shared as a dispatch on gameside with no links or context to it. Stating that as though the government and assembly have actually been dissolved gives a false impression with potentially severe impacts.
My original draft had "effective until April 2nd" in it and I guess I deleted then overlooked it. But even then, should've been more obvious, my bad. It's fixed now.