We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[COMMUNICATION] Chair's Briefing II

[Image: YWbCwrJ.png]
Chair's Briefing II
Introduction
Fellow legislators,

here we are again for another edition of Yellow Text 101 to ensure you all use the correct themes (cough, dark).
Assembly Census
[Image: LnviuMi.png]
Changes in Legislator Count:
         •  3 Apr · 68 -6 (Hierarch2020, Ikania, JamesM980, Rejkoej, Ryccia, Stickmin)
Changes in Activity:
         •  Voters · +10
         •  Debaters · -5
I will take this moment to honour the active legislators, listed below:
Assembly Record
[Image: s5v6dPi.png]
⦿ April 2022 | Following the conclusions of the Cabinet Special Election and the Minister of Culture Special Elections, there have been no more resignations, and I'm sure Election Commissioner Kris Kringle is gambling his livelihood that it continues.

⦿ 8 April 2022 | The Cakeists and Ice Creamists have been confirmed to hold a solid plurality in the Assembly. Claims of rigging by the Chair from the Pieocrats are obvious propaganda and should be silenced.

⦿ 9 April 2022 | To encourage Assembly activity, the Chair has proposed two opposing amendments to both the Charter and Elections Act on how the Cabinet should be chosen: elected, appointed, or confirmed
Assembly Projects
⦿ Mentorship Project |
 A revival to the Assembly Mentorship Project is in the works, and trial runs are planned in the near future.

⦿ Economy Act | In an attempt to increase activity within the Assembly, the Office of the Chair has begun drafting an Economy Act, which will establish a regional economy.

⦿ Gameside Projects | The Weekly Assembly Update on the RMB as well as the Assembly Gazette have both been kept up and running.

⦿ Chair's Briefing | As you may have noticed, this is indeed active.

⦿ Feedback | Feedback on these projects is very much appreciated, and if you have any suggestions please send me a private message on the forums or a direct message on Discord to Cryophoric#6034
Assembly Votes
[Image: 3fGFV2q.png]
⦿ A2204.01 | Amendment to the Elections Act | 12 Ayes // 19 Nays // 12 Abstentions // 25 Absent

[Image: L0IW8Z0.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like The Haughtherlands's post:
  • anjo, Encaitar, Murelia, Pētea

This color scheme is a shame. Otherwise, thank you for the update!
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • The Haughtherlands

I agree that the colour scheme is rather annoying for all of us who use light themes, but it's still a good report.

However, I'm not sure what the "Active Debators" statistic refers to. Can you provide a proper definition?
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]

(04-17-2022, 07:48 AM)Jebediah Wrote: I agree that the colour scheme is rather annoying for all of us who use light themes, but it's still a good report.

However, I'm not sure what the "Active Debators" statistic refers to. Can you provide a proper definition?

"Active Debaters" are people who debate on forum threads or Discord. One off posts that I can't reasonably consider debate aren't counted. That last part matters, as some of those counted (like Belschaft) have only made one post, but they were arguing for their position, and I would consider the single post reasonable given how short the threads are right now.

Good update, thank you! =)
Land Without Shrimp