We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative

[Image: foreign%20affairs%20logo%20200w.min.svg]

The Esfalsan government is implementing the Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative, a gradual expansion of unilateral free trade policies, in accordance with recently passed legislation. As part of this initiative, free trade policies will be extended towards nations from across Pacifica in several phases.

Phase I
Phase I will include all nations that have existing free trade agreements with Esfalsa, nations that have implemented free trade policies toward Esfalsa, and nations that are willing to engage in reciprocal free trade policies.

Phase II
Phase II will include all nations from Phase I in addition to the top ten import and export partners of Esfalsa and all other nations that have engaged in active and/or positive diplomacy with Esfalsa.

Phase III
Phase III will include all Pacifican nations except in cases of threats to national security or international sanctions approved by the World Forum.

Nations may request to be placed in Phase I or II to accelerate the implementation of free trade policies using the form below.

Code:
[color=#0B479A][b]Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative[/b][/color]
[color=#1790F1][b]Application Form[/b][/color]

[b]Nation:[/b] (full name of nation)
[b]Application For:[/b] [Phase I/Phase II]

[b]Comments:[/b] (please describe any applicable current or proposed trade policies, relevant past diplomatic actions, etc.)

[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

Application Form

Nation: United States of Izaakia
Application For: Phase I

Comments: Ideally a long standing free trade relationship with Esfalsa, and a major regional trade partner. Historic relations as far back as when Izaakians were in exile in Hai Men.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion

Application Form

Nation: Termina Commerce Confederacy
Application For: Phase I possibly Phase II

Comments: The Termina Commerce Confederacy has a history of trade and commerce with the region. Re-establishing/establishing free trade with Esfalsa is a top priority among city states hoping to export their wares from consumer goods to heavy industrial products to weapons.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

(05-12-2022, 03:05 PM)Izaakia Wrote: Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative
Application Form

Nation: United States of Izaakia

Comments: Ideally a long standing free trade relationship with Esfalsa, and a major regional trade partner. Historic relations as far back as when Izaakians were in exile in Hai Men.
Phase I seems fine to me! Make sense in terms of geographic proximity and the Izaakian economy's size. Thanks!

(05-12-2022, 08:40 PM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative
Application Form

Nation: Termina Commerce Confederacy
Application For: Phase I possibly Phase II

Comments: The Termina Commerce Confederacy has a history of trade and commerce with the region. Re-establishing/establishing free trade with Esfalsa is a top priority among city states hoping to export their wares from consumer goods to heavy industrial products to weapons.
Phase I seems fine, considering geographic proximity on Crabry and Termina's reputation for commerce/openness to free trade. Thanks!
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

Application Form

Nation: Technocratic Republic of Eflad

Comments: Eflad would like to expand its economic partnerships and sees Esfalsa as a good partner.
Republic of Eflad

(05-17-2022, 03:11 AM)Eflad Wrote: Esfalsan Free Trade Initiative
Application Form

Nation: Technocratic Republic of Eflad

Comments: Eflad would like to expand its economic partnerships and sees Esfalsa as a good partner.

Not entirely sure what expanding economic partnerships refers to, but — either existing free trade policies towards Esfalsa or a willingness to reciprocate is fine for Phase I. Otherwise, a positive outlook on Esfalsa as a trading partner is comfortably in at least Phase II.

Application Form

Nation: Kingdom of Stoinia

Comments: Stoinia has little history of trade and commerce in the region. However Stoinia believes in an interconnected world where trade and prosperity will bring a new era of cooperation. Stoinia has already invested into other Crabry nations and wishes to extend its cooperation with Esfalsa alongside the TCC. The encouragement of exchange consumer goods is believed to bolster both parties.

Application Form

Nation: Republic of Myria

Comments: Myria has been a long-standing naval player ever before the Common Era. During the colonial time, Myria was an important merchant between colonial powers. To this day Myria continues its long-standing overseas cooperation plans and is looking to solidify stronger partnerships on Crabry. Esfalsa would be an ideal candidate for naval electronics as well as new fisheries.

Application Form

Nation: Republic of Sallodesia

Comments: Sallodesia's a distant relative of Izaakia as its former colony. Sallodesia aims for new economic partnerships across the entire South Pacific with Crabry nations being an ideal candidate for such partnerships. Like Stoinia, Sallodesia has keen economic interest in the continent and wishes to further consolidate its trade relations with the region.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Application Form

Nation: The State of Eggraria
Application For: [Phase II]

Comments: Pursuant to an official multisector initiative by the Prismatic Council, Eggraria has a vested interest in furthering its ties to the international community. Esfalsa stands as a nation that can help effectively encourage and stimulate regional economic trade, and Eggraria seeks to further their ties with the nation. However, Esfalsa is not a priority on the Eggrarian agenda for international trade, which has encouraged the Eggrarian Trade Sector to officially apply for Phase II.
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

(05-20-2022, 01:38 PM)StoicMetoik Wrote: snip

A general willingness to trade is plenty to make it to Phase II; not entirely sure what the details of 'cooperation' or 'partnership' would be but if it includes reciprocating free trade policies then Phase I is good to go.

(05-20-2022, 04:06 PM)rosaferri Wrote: snip

Sounds good, thanks!

Cooperation and partnership policies towards Esfalsa include reciprocal free trade policies to strengthen both economies.  Wink
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maverick's post:
  • Pronoun