We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declarations of Candidacy

JULY 2022 DELEGATE ELECTION
DECLARATIONS OF CANDIDACY

The election will consist of two rounds of voting. In the first round legislators may list the candidates whom they approve without regard to any order of preference. The candidates with the two highest numbers of approvals who also have a majority of them shall proceed to the second round, else the election shall revert to the declarations period until two candidates have advanced to the second round. In the second round Native World Assembly Residents may vote for the candidate of their choice. The candidate with a majority of votes will be the winner. Please consult the Elections Act for the most recent information on how the election is held.

SCHEDULE

Please remember the deadlines for each stage in the election. It is your responsibility to comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames.
  • Declarations of Candidacy: to

• Campaigning: to

• First Round Voting: to

• Second Round Voting: to
* The start of the second round of voting is being delayed in order to avoid a conflict with the second round of voting in the simultaneous election for Local Council.

CANDIDACY REQUIREMENTS

Candidates must meet all the requirements below in order to be listed on the ballot:
  • Have been a legislator since before the start of the declarations period.

• Be eligible for World Assembly membership. Ineligibility is grounds for disqualification.

• Have an endorsement count of at least 376 endorsements, which is 80% of the endorsement cap at the start of this election.

• Declare their candidacy (or accept a nomination) as a reply to this thread within the declarations period.

• Post a thread within the public campaign area containing a campaign and a conflict of interest disclosure with all potential conflicts of interest within the region and abroad. Submission of an inaccurate or incomplete disclosure may be grounds for disqualification.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Amerion

I nominate Amerion.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • Amerion, anjo, Konsa, maluhia, Quindarious dinklepoop

(07-01-2022, 03:04 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I nominate Amerion.

I am honoured by the nomination. I will duly consider it on the basis of what the incumbent Delegate chooses to do. On that note, I nominate PenguinPies.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • maluhia, Penguin

I nominate Kringalia and Tepertopia.
[-] The following 6 users Like Moon's post:
  • Amerion, anjo, HumanSanity, maluhia, Purple Hyacinth, Quindarious dinklepoop

(07-03-2022, 03:13 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 03:04 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I nominate Amerion.

I am honoured by the nomination. I will duly consider it on the basis of what the incumbent Delegate chooses to do. On that note, I nominate PenguinPies.

I accept my nomination- thank you.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 5 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Amerion, anjo, Jeeve, maluhia, Tsunamy

I second anjo's nomination
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • Amerion, anjo, maluhia, Purple Hyacinth

(07-03-2022, 03:30 AM)Moon Wrote: I nominate Kringalia and Tepertopia.

(07-04-2022, 03:46 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I second anjo's nomination

Thank you, I'm very honoured! Now, this is somewhat spontaneous, but I accept :D
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like anjo's post:
  • Amerion, BlockBuster2K43, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, maluhia, Moon, Purple Hyacinth