We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Assembly of the Sponge Pacific

[Image: 4EfcM45.png]

[Image: P6zVHyB.png]
Yes. You read that right. It's true. I ate pie. I know, I know, but I swear it looked like cake! I assume this was some sort of sabotage to my character. If elected, whoever is responsible for this disgraceful party trick will be removed pronto to the Office Floor of the Assembly Building. Trust me, not a fun place to be in.

Anyways, I'm running for re-election or something.

[Image: JaagcpF.png]

I've greatly enjoyed being your Chair for the last four five or so months (longest Chair term anyone?). And despite the hiccups, which I plan to learn and continue off from, I hope to be your overlord for the next four months. To start off with my plans:

Continue my projects where they left off

This includes the Weekly Updates, Chair's Briefings, and the Gazette, plus the others.

Increase activity

I didn't do much on this last term, but I will try to tackle it this time around. I plan to begin reminding legislators of votes, and trying to scout for new legislators on the RMB (if any).

Involvement

I enjoy having deputies to party all night with, but they also are helpful in other ways. I'm open to accepting and training Deputies, who will probably be allocated a list of chores to do, and maybe rotate them around so they can gauge an idea of what the position of the Chair asks for.

Banning pie

You heard me. No pie allowed on Assembly premises. I see you @Penguin, you better hurry up and finish that pie. And free cake and ice cream hand-outs for all!

This is a non-exhaustive list of Chair projects:

Weekly RMB Updates — Continued
Chair's Briefings — Continued
Assembly Education Project — Cancelled
Assembly Gazette — Continued
Assembly Dashboard — Ongoing
[Image: bgndNto.png]
[Image: IMZbUj0.png]
[Image: 7WJl1EZ.png] [Image: sZHStlh.png] [Image: g7G88fH.png] (stop spelling it wrong plz)
[Image: ROjTeAc.png] [Image: tUJTIbE.png] [Image: 6qVXu6S.png]
[Image: XvAoqhA.png][Image: i2QofEv.png] [Image: 5e7qHDC.png]
[Image: ZFp2Xtl.png][Image: FAQG5Mi.png] [Image: 5e7qHDC.png]
[Image: bq1QxGs.png]
[Image: JUgW0z6.png] [Image: ERaBeqt.png]
[Image: EFd2zwK.png] [Image: 2kPx6Mj.png]
[Image: tEAIKpZ.png] [Image: dYXQLg4.png]
[Image: hsyocEU.png]  [Image: lmpjM34.png]
[Image: iJPcmNX.png] [Image: WXejN4Q.png]
[Image: axZahx0.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes The Haughtherlands's post:
  • A bee

The Chair's office has been slow at opening and closing votes in the past ~month. Will this improve in a second term? Why/how?

In your term, you had to make some judgement calls as Chair that were not the best reasoned. The decision regarding Philipmacaroni's vote in the Great Council Convening Resolution debate comes to mind most clearly. What have you learned from those mistakes?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • maluhia

I’m sorry, but your harsh policy on pie has made your campaign unattractive towards myself. I don’t even like pie, but it’s still pretty, well, ridiculous. Would you mind explaining why such a tight-gripped regulation is needed? Now, will you allow cookies?

I also think HS’s question about the recent delay of bringing amendments and resolutions to vote is a legit question, but I understand if their are IRL obstacles in the way.

However, here's a question: would you support establishing committees in the Assembly?
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

Your decisions as Chair have been... questionable at best, and caused too many court cases to count to spawn out of them. How can we know that you won't make these kinds of calls again in situations where the law isn't specific?
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes im_a_waffle1's post:
  • maluhia

(09-03-2022, 02:31 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: The Chair's office has been slow at opening and closing votes in the past ~month. Will this improve in a second term? Why/how?

In your term, you had to make some judgement calls as Chair that were not the best reasoned. The decision regarding Philipmacaroni's vote in the Great Council Convening Resolution debate comes to mind most clearly. What have you learned from those mistakes?

The votes were late due to RL circumstances, but I should be able to get to them on-time now as those circumstances have settled. In terms of what I've learned, is probably to think it through. That call was sort of "it's already going to court, let's go with a bang" mentality but in retrospect was a tad bit silly to say the least, albeit I do stand by my decision regarding in-game consent to the amendment to Article XIV.

(09-03-2022, 03:10 PM)maluhia Wrote: I’m sorry, but your harsh policy on pie has made your campaign unattractive towards myself. I don’t even like pie, but it’s still pretty, well, ridiculous. Would you mind explaining why such a tight-gripped regulation is needed? Now, will you allow cookies?

I also think HS’s question about the recent delay of bringing amendments and resolutions to vote is a legit question, but I understand if their are IRL obstacles in the way.

However, here's a question: would you support establishing committees in the Assembly?

No comment about harsh policies except to ignore the pie-smelling dogs. Cookies are allowed though. In terms of committees, I quite fancy the idea but it does need fleshing out before its ready to roll.

(09-03-2022, 09:16 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: Your decisions as Chair have been... questionable at best, and caused too many court cases to count to spawn out of them. How can we know that you won't make these kinds of calls again in situations where the law isn't specific?

As stated above, I've learned from them, and I've generally taken a more "democratic" approach by consulting with my deputies before making big decisions and letting motions that aren't too ridiculous be left to legislators to second or object to.