We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations for Chair of the Assembly

Welcome to the November 2014 General Elections! This thread pertains to the Chair of the Assembly nominations. Elections will follow the procedure outlined in the Code of Laws. Citizens may either suggest or nominate a citizen, or nominate themselves. If a citizen is nominated by another citizen, the nominated must then accept their nomination. Bear in mind the duties of the Chair of the Assembly are as follows:

Quote:Section 2 - Chair of the Assembly and Duties of the Chair.

1. The Assembly will elect a Chair which will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of the drafting, debate, and passage of legislation.
2. The Chair of the Assembly will serve on the Cabinet and act as the Legislative Liaison between the Cabinet and Assembly.
3. The Chair will serve a term lasting four months.
4. Procedures for the election of the Chair must be defined in Code of Laws.

Upon accepting a nominations, candidates must submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Details on this are found in the Code of Laws.

CONFIRMED NOMINEES:

Quote:Unibot
HEM

Congratulations, and best of luck to all nominees!!
United States of Kalukmangala

Former High Court Justice

I nominate Unibot for the position of Chair of the Assembly

I accept my nomination. Thanks Awe.

I nominate HEM for chair
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

(11-15-2014, 04:03 PM)southern bellz Wrote: I nominate HEM for chair

Thanks for the nomination, old friend, I accept.

My COI statement:

Supreme Chancellor of Europeia
Crown Prince of the Land of Kings and Emperors

I nominate Aramanchovia

I second Aramanchovia and nominate Apad.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I second HEM and Aramanchovia. I also wanted to nominate GR for this position but i see he is running with Arbiter for D/VD.

I respectfully decline my nomination for chair at this time. I really appreciate the nomination but i think i will sit out one more election cycle. I do want to run for a position in TSP but i feel it best that i start in a "lower" position than chair in order to gain some experience first.
Apad
King of Haldilwe

As per my MoRA nomination, I'll consider this one if I don't get a suitable VD candidate to run with me for a potential Delegate campaign (or if I reconsider based on the fact my chances of getting elected there are almost zero).

Thanks to all those that have nominated me here (Arbiter, Kris and Apad).

(11-15-2014, 05:14 PM)HEM Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 04:03 PM)southern bellz Wrote: I nominate HEM for chair

Thanks for the nomination, old friend, I accept.

My COI statement:

Supreme Chancellor of Europeia
Crown Prince of the Land of Kings and Emperors

Please submit your complete CoI Disclosure to this thread, with this information. Thank you!
United States of Kalukmangala

Former High Court Justice