We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A New Beginning . MoRA Campgin

Now I know what you are all thinking "What is this fool doing running for a post again" and I must admit I was not planning to run for a position, however the closer we got to the elections the more I thought maybe I should run for a position, and now I have. I only ask you hear me out.

I know I will most likely not get the job as Kris will have a landslide victory but I want to run to gain more experience from this. I believe I have the same amount of experience as PH had when he become MoRA so I think I could do it as well. I am currently a member of The Fellowship Program and I have Assembly experience.

Now being a member of the Southern Journal, I got a look at the option poll and here is what people thought of PH:

[Image: 6E5iOYJ.png]

Some comments were:

[*]I saw him regularly... before he became minister.

[*]He should be more visible, such as sending regional telegrams about regional affairs.

[*]Don't remember a lot of regional events

This is completely unacceptable for our MoRA, a MoRA should be known though out TSP in the forums and in NS. If I was elected I would make sure people would know my name, that I'm the MoRA and people would want to re-elected me.

I have four goals that I would like to accomplish if I was elected.

1. Employ 2 Deputy MoRA and continue to use The Fellowship Program. Plus have a NS Deputy.  
2. Have another South Pacific Regional Games and something like that once a month.
3. Make Treasure Island more active.
4. Reach 400 members on the forums. 

I would like to use Deputies to help me and to get new (or old) members involved in government. One Deputy would focus on Roleplay to help revive Treasure Island by getting new members to try out roleplay to see if they like it. They would also make new threads and new roleplay ideas. The second Deputy would focus on the RMB and getting people to join the forums. They would do things like ask questions on the RMB that will make people talk to each other and get it active. They would also do things like telegram new nations telling them why they should stay in TSP, why they should keep playing NS and what else they can do like joining the forums where there is more fun and what they should do why they join. Like applying for citizenship , joining the Fellowship Program and joining in Assembly Debates. Both would help organise events like Regional games.

If elected and I would like to keep the Fellowship Program. The Fellowship Program is a great way for new and other players to get involved in government. I joined and I love it, it's great fun and I've learned lots! It would be a great way for new members to stay and enjoy NS and the forums.  

[*]A had an idea of having a NS deputy. This would be someone who isn't or does not go on the forums trying to improve TSP in NS by helping new nations, keeping the RMB active and all together make TSP a better place. This would give people who don't want to join the forums a chance of being a member of government. It could mean more people will stay around and it should help improve TSP in NS.               

If elected I would like to have another South Pacific Regional Games but I would also like to make different festivals and games one every mouth. Why? Because Z-day has shown that events make TSP more active, if we have something like the Games every month people would stay and get more active in TSP. I would work with the Delegate, Vice, MoFA and some members of The Fellowship Program to help organise it. It's a great way to get more people active in the region and if we invited foreign regions we could improve relations with that region.

As I said before a Deputy would focus on this, however I would be willing to try out some roleplay and to help get Treasure Island active again. New threads new roleplay ideas and all tougher more fun!

I hope to work with the elected Delegate and Vice Delegate to make the regional message that everyone gets when they join TSP to tell them all about the forums that it has lots of games and they can do so much more on the forums. I and a Deputy will tell new nations all about the forums and what they can do.

However I would also try to make The Fellowship Program and Citizenship application is more visible so people get more involved. I or a Deputy would contact new members on the forums to tell them what they could as just a member, what they could do as citizen, what rights they would have as a citizen and how they could join The Fellowship Program.

I have been in TSP ever since I joined NS I have always wanted to be in government and I think I could be a great MoRA. I believe I can change TSP for the better and that is why I ask for your vote.

I hope I have convinced you to vote for me, please feel free to ask me any questions.                       

Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Question time!

1. Why do you want to be Minister of Regional Affairs, out of all other positions in the Cabinet?
2. Do you think it is fair to say it was unacceptable for Henn to have less visibility, when he actually doesn't have the easy option of sending mass telegrams, like Delegates do?

3. I don't remember a Minister of Regional Affairs who didn't want to have two Deputies, but the problem is not enough people applied, or if appointed they were not active enough. How would you deal with that problem?
4. I agree that getting Treasure Island active should be a priority, but how exactly would you accomplish that? What sections of Treasure Island would you focus the most on?
5. Do you mean having 400 registered members on the forum? Or having 400 active members? Or having 400 citizens? If any of the last two, then that is an incredibly ambicious, and possible unrealistic, objective.
6. How would you make citizenship applications and the Fellowship Programme more visible?

7. Some argue that we shouldn't require people to join an offsite forum in order to participate in regional affairs. How would you respond to that criticism? Is there anything we can do to let people who don't want to go to the forum to also participate in regional affairs and politics?
8. The Fellowship Programme is good, but it is not perfect. Could you name one improvement that you would do to it as Minister?

Thanks in advance for answering, and good luck!
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(11-16-2014, 03:07 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Question time!

1. Why do you want to be Minister of Regional Affairs, out of all other positions in the Cabinet?
2. Do you think it is fair to say it was unacceptable for Henn to have less visibility, when he actually doesn't have the easy option of sending mass telegrams, like Delegates do?

3. I don't remember a Minister of Regional Affairs who didn't want to have two Deputies, but the problem is not enough people applied, or if appointed they were not active enough. How would you deal with that problem?
4. I agree that getting Treasure Island active should be a priority, but how exactly would you accomplish that? What sections of Treasure Island would you focus the most on?
5. Do you mean having 400 registered members on the forum? Or having 400 active members? Or having 400 citizens? If any of the last two, then that is an incredibly ambicious, and possible unrealistic, objective.
6. How would you make citizenship applications and the Fellowship Programme more visible?

7. Some argue that we shouldn't require people to join an offsite forum in order to participate in regional affairs. How would you respond to that criticism? Is there anything we can do to let people who don't want to go to the forum to also participate in regional affairs and politics?
8. The Fellowship Programme is good, but it is not perfect. Could you name one improvement that you would do to it as Minister?

Thanks in advance for answering, and good luck!

1. I want to run for MoRA as I think it's a job I can do, I think it will be a lot of fun and I think I can really change TSP for the better.

2.No I don't think it's fair to say Henn should have sent out mass telegrams as they require stamps if you are not Delegate and that costs money so we can't all do that. However I do think he could have been more active on the RMB, in the forums and he could have asked the Delegate to send out mass telegrams for him.

3. The way I would try to get more people to apply for the jobs would be to try and get one new member and one old member in. This way we would have a new person who would be eager to do things and an old member who will do the job because they care about TSP.

4. Well I'm not a roleplay person myself, however I can see that Port Royal needs help the last post was in October. I think there are many people in TSP who are roleplayers or can roleplay but they don't want to rolepaly on NS, so bring Port Royal back to life I think would help a lot. If elected I would ask the Delegate to send out a mass telegram asking people if they would rolepaly and what they would like to see in Treasure Island.

5.I mean having 400 members on the forum, the last time would be impossible. However I would like to reach 100 citizens as we currently have 67 and I would also like to get more citizens active.

6. Well, I would ask the new Delegate to add in The Fellowship Program in the Welcoming telegram and when people become citizens I would ask the Vice Delegate to add the Fellowship Program in the PM he/she sends to new citizens. In teams of making citizenship appellations more viewable when someone joins the forums someone PM's them telling them what they should do and why they should become a citizen.

7.Well I thought of an idea of having a NS deputy, so someone who doesn't want to join the forums could be in government. They could help get people talking on the RMB.

8.If I could change one thing about the Fellowship Program I would add a bit for members to post to say what they would like to do.
As we currently have a lot of members but not many get involved, this way people would be able to suggest their ideas so they will be more likely to get active in the Program. 

Thanks for the questions!

My system on my laptop, says programme as program I would fix everything but it would take too long.

I will be asking the same question to all candidates, and I would appreciate an honest answer. Anyone that bluffs this question off by trying to be polite will not be getting my vote.

What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of each of your opposition candidates campaigns?

Thanks

A new GCR is formed. It is a feeder, and you are the only government official available to respond to it. You notice the feeder within the hour and happen to be free all day - you are also aware that most of the rest of the cabinet will not be around for the rest of the day, if not for the next couple of days.

The GCR quickly attracts a small group of roughly organized people who identify themselves, on the RMB, as being from a non-descript non-NS related online community. A couple of representatives find the TSP IRC channel and are available to chat. Their IP addresses, should you check them, are reliable ISPs and unknown to you.

It quickly seems that they have a tenuous grasp on the WAD - they far exceed any endos picked up by any ragtag WA members, but could quickly be dislodged by a concerted effort from almost any GCR or UCR military (say, a half-dozen to a dozen). They have no forum set up, but do have an IRC channel with multiple OPs and a clear OP hierarchy.

You seem to be the only major GCR politician at the time, and no prominent gameplayers are in their IRC channel.

What do you do?

(11-19-2014, 07:44 AM)Aramanchovia Wrote: I will be asking the same question to all candidates, and I would appreciate an honest answer. Anyone that bluffs this question off by trying to be polite will not be getting my vote.

What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of each of your opposition candidates campaigns?

Thanks

Ok, Kris. He has had lots of experience in Regional Affairs and he has a lot of support in NS from people who joined when he was Delegate this gives him a huge advantage. However I think he could be taken out quite easily if you put in the effort. He is a great leader, but I think new players are coming in and he is still fairly new, he could very easily be sent out.

On Southern bellz, he has a great idea for change he wants to change TSP and make it great. However I don't think anyone knows who he is. I only know him from the Assembly, but I don't think I have ever spoke to him. The new players are the ones who are going to count the most, so Southern bellz's might have the suppoet of the older members however the newer members I doubt will support him and I think that is what is his biggest weakness.

For myself, I think I can make TSP better, I want to get more people involved in TSP and I can do that with the Fellowship Programme. I think if the newer members look at my campaign and ask questions they will see that I am the best choice. But I don't think many will look I think most will just look at the names and pick the one they have heard the most of. I also don't think I have the older member support as I tend it disagree with them in the Assembly and they can change the tide and there support could persuade others to vote for me.

I hope the best of luck to all candidates and may the best man win.

(11-19-2014, 11:03 AM)The Grim Reaper Wrote: What do you do?

I would have to wait until the rest of the Cabinet are back. I can not decide what to do, I would need the support of the Assembly and the Cabinet to do anything. They would be no threat to TSP from them, so I would just wait for the Cabinet to come back so a full discussion could take place on the Assembly.

People of TSP, I now would like to show and tell you why you should not vote Kringalia for Minister of Regional Affairs. I will now put in a link that if you copy and paste, it will show you a chat between Awe and Kringalia showing how Kringalia is a bully and a coward.

http://i.imgur.com/CJZb3PS.png

Awe finally plucked up the courage and showed this to me and told me it was about me. In clearly says that both he and Kringalia don't seem to think I can type properly. This makes him a bully as only bullies talk about you behind your back like he did. He in fact doesn't even have the balls to replay. If he was a nice person he would not have said this and would have said it to my face but he has not making him a coward.

I have sent a telegram and in the area we make the Southern Journal demanding he explains himself, however he has not replied to one of them. By voting for Kringalia to become Minister of Regional Affairs you will be voting in a bully who will make fun of you behind your back. Bullies should have no place in TSP, especial for someone who is in power and wishes to remain in power.

This is why I urge you to vote Punchwood to become the next Minister of Regional Affairs, to stop bullies getting in to power and to stop bullies altogether in TSP.

I will simply post here what I already posted on the RMB:

Your ability to type properly is inconsistent, as is obvious in your latest post. That is not bullying, that is not criticism and that is not a complaint, it is a simple statement of fact. If I was truly a bully I would not have accepted you as part of the Staff of the Ministry of Regional Affairs (MoRA), I would not have taken your ideas for the government performance survey and I would not have invited you to make a join effort with me to analyse the results of that survey. I find it disappointing that you would approach this in a confrontational way, instead of contacting me and asking if we could clear things out. I think everyone in this region knows that I treat people with respect, and try to work things out whenever problems arise.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System