We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Farengeto for Minister of Regional Affairs

Hey TSP! I, Farengeto, am once again announcing my campaign for Minister of Regional Affairs.

Has it really been four months? It's definitely been an interesting term for TSP. We've had more than our fair share if highs and lows, but I'm proud to have been a part of it. I started off the last term by running for MoRA, though I lost to Awe in a deserved victory. I would spend the next month serving as a deputy MoRA, before being elected as Chief Justice of TSP. I was a productive term for the Judiciary; we reformed the system, expanded our roster of volunteers, conducted a legal question case over the controversial Article 9 (Criminal Regions and Organizations Act), and began a full trial case between Hileville and Belschaft before it was cancelled by the forum shutdown. But in the end I found that the courts were not the right place for me, and I have decided to return to MoRA. Back then I was still new and experienced, but with a full term under my belt I believe I'm the best suited candidate to leader our Ministry of Regional Affairs this term.

Reflecting back on my platform last term, my key points have not changed. As a feeder region, it is TSP's duty to promote the game to new nations. One of my goals as MoRA is to further promote our regional facilities to new nations in TSP and make them more likely to stay in NationStates. IRC, forums, the RMB; TSP has so many great ways to get involved with and communicate with other members of the TSP community, though 99% of nations never participate.

As MoRA one of my biggest priorities is regional activities. I'm a big supporter in these activities, and believe they are one of the foundations of our regional communities. My first goal is to continue to run and expand our forum activities, especially roleplay. And of course, you can always count on the Lampshade Bar and Grill being open. I also plan to expand events to the RMB, so that we may reach out to the broader region and promote further activity. Interregional events were a huge success, and under my leadership I will continue these alliance-strengthening events, with a target of at least 1 per month.

I obviously won't be able to do this all by myself, and I'll need some help. I'll be looking for MoRA deputies as usual (Any users who might be interested, feel free to contact me), but I plan to extend the department and create a new level of positions that will open more opportunities for users to get involved with the TSP government. There's plenty of potential options: Roleplay Managers, Activity Managers, Welcoming Committee, Interregional Event Committee, the only limitations are our supply of volunteers.

I thank you for taking your time to read this. If you have any questions or wish to speak with me, just send a reply below, or send me a private message on one of the many outlets available to TSPers. I hope I have convinced you to vote Farengeto for MoRA this month.

I'm glad to see your campaign up!

I really really admire that when you didn't get the MoRa position last term you stuck around and kept contributing and helping build the community. It's something I hope to see of more people running this term in various positions.

Thank you so much for saving the role play threads independently.

What is a role play you'd like to start or revive?

How do you plan to recruit and train deputies?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(04-04-2014, 01:52 AM)Escade Wrote: What is a role play you'd like to start or revive?
I'd first like to try and make sure any roleplays we have keep going, like the Star Wars RP.

There's a few I'd like to try and revive though. The South Pacific Assembly was has a lot of long-term potential and I'd like to continue it, from experience I know that convention RPs can encounter issues if they get dragged on too long. I'd also like to give Market Street a fresh start on these forums and revive it.

I also have some roleplay ideas I'd like to start. I'd like to explore map-based RPs, we have a great map that's tragically underutilized for roleplay. During my term as deputy MoRA I had started planning a large RP which involved terrorists seizing government island which I'd like to start.

Quote:How do you plan to recruit and train deputies?
I'd run a recruitment campaign on the forums and RMB, though historically TSP has never had a shortage of MoRA volunteers. Admittedly I don't have much in terms of training, though in my opinion the best training in these fields is obtained by getting experience on the job.

What do ya think was the Ministry's biggest misstep in the last term?

How would these map based Role Plays work? Would the RPers just use locations on the map, or would they somehow integrate the map itself into the Role Play?

(04-04-2014, 06:12 PM)God-Emperor Wrote: What do ya think was the Ministry's biggest misstep in the last term?
I do not feel MoRA made any serious missteps last term, however there was a significant slowdown in the final month last term which lead to lower ministry activity, though that is more an issue of Awe's resignation than the ministry.

What would ya say has been your biggest failure in servin' the region?

(04-04-2014, 06:23 PM)Arbiter08 Wrote: How would these map based Role Plays work? Would the RPers just use locations on the map, or would they somehow integrate the map itself into the Role Play?

Ideally they would incorporate map positions into map events, taking details like national locations (e.g. neighbours vs. another continent) and geographic features (e.g. an important strait) into greater account. For example, a nation could claim and blockade a strait, disrupting international access and trade through it. Or for a non-military example, a major natural disaster (hurricane, volcano, etc.) strikes a region.

(04-04-2014, 06:49 PM)God-Emperor Wrote: What would ya say has been your biggest failure in servin' the region?

It'd probably have to be my lower activity in the Judicial thread. I wasn't as active in the discussion as I should have been.

What would ya have done differently than your predecessor?