We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

I was going to use someone else's title but so yeah

Originally, my idea was to just use someone else's campaign and change it to the third person.

As that is no longer an option, I will have to fudge something from scratch.

Placeholder.

Until then: Did you know you can substitute coconut cream for butter? It gives you a cakier, denser consistency and a subtle coconut aftertaste perfect for baked goods that must be iced or frosted.

GRIM'S CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:

1. 3 cups of caster sugar
2. 4 cups of self-raising flour
3. 2 cups of coconut cream (or coconut milk)
4. 2 cups of good cocoa powder
5. 4 eggs

1) Preheat oven at 160 celsius.
2) Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, until relatively consistent throughout.
3) Fold in cream and eggs.
4) Fill brownie tray.
5) Put in oven. Will take roughly 20-25 minutes. These brownies do not burn easily.

OPTIONAL DIPPING SAUCE: 
1. 4 parts sweetened condensed milk
2. 1 part cocoa powder

1) Mix it together.
2) That's it. Consistency is effectively a pudding/thick sauce.

-----

ONE-MINUTE BROWNIES:

Ok dis shit is whack, yo. Like, all you need is a mug and a microwave.

For this recipe, a part is a quarter cup or two heaped tablespoons, your choice.

1. One part flour
2. One part sugar
3. One part cocoa powder
4. One part water
5. Half part canola or sunflower oil (Olive oil will taste too strong)

1) Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder until consistent throughout.
2) Add water and oil. I like to start with the oil, as it tends not to mix of its own accord and will sit until you add the water.
3) Mix until consistent. Mix will be EXTREMELY fluid for a baked batter - much like a chocolate pancake batter.
4) Stick that mug in a microwave. My microwave handles it in a minute, some microwaves may take up to two minutes. I often burn the top and power through it, as the inside is sometimes under-cooked - however, you are not using eggs, so under-cooking a little is fine!

Pro-Tips:

Even when fully cooked, this will be a VERY fudgey brownie, as there are no eggs. Do not be alarmed if it seems to be a bit saucy at first glance, or the top is not stable.

This is often very, very unevenly cooked. The inside may be very hot. For this reason, I recommend eating with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top - save the ice cream for last, or for half-way, as it will cool the brownie off as it melts.

This brownie will not work particularly well fully-scaled, because of the lack of egg - it doesn't hold well enough to cut. It has to be eaten out of the mug.

LEARNING TO PLAY DOUBLE BASS: Beginner's Tips

The standard tuning for the double bass is, from highest string to lowest string, G - D - A - E.

For those of you who play a different stringed instrument (violin, viola, cello), you may be thinking "G-Reapz, you crazy?"

DA.

BUT NOT FOR THIS REASON.

The double bass is the only member of the violin family tuned in fourths, rather than fifths.

Now I got a mad tip for y'all.

When sitting on a stool, your A note on the G string should be at your eye-level. If your first finger (index finger) is on that note (or E on D, or B on A, or F sharp on E), you are in FIRST POSITION.

When standing, your eye-level should either be at your first finger in first position, or half position. Half position is first finger at G sharp on G, E sharp on D, A sharp on A (better known as the almighty B-flat, remember this note, it is your bestie), or F on E.

To learn the proper form for your fingering/intonation hand, trying palming an egg. I don't know what that means, I read it somewhere. To learn good bowing form, let a pen hang between your fingers and your thumb applying as little force as possible.

Good bowing is in your upper arm, not your hand.

POSTURE IS CRUCIAL.

The double bass is a BIG instrument. A lot of force is required to properly position, play, support a double bass. Your posture needs to be impeccable, or else you can ruin EVERY muscle you have. Fingers, wrist, back, shoulders, and your neck will all suffer with bad playing posture, much, much more so than with any other instrument.

Posture is the single reason that starting off with a bass teacher is so often recommended. Learning posture in your first year under a teacher will at least ensure you don't ruin your body practicing solo.

A SMALL SELECTION OF BANDS I LIKE:

Postmodern Jukebox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1azJWrtuxQ&index=1&list=UUORIeT1hk6tYBuntEXsguLg
Vespertina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dt5oQxn7Wo
Nightwish (my favourite of their singers is Floor Jansen, the current one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkYwOJZONU

ANARCHIST TEXTS OF NOTE:

Peter Kropotkin's "Memoirs of a Revolutionist" -

A brilliant autobiographical account of one of the fathers of Anarchism, the one who most clearly linked the philosophical theory to the scientific principles of cooperative collectives and non-hierarchical order in his seminal work "Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution".

This is a favourite text of mine as an incredibly capable account of the young Kropotkin's maturation into a guiding force for Anarchist theory into the modern day, and as one of its most prolific scientists and meta-analysts. Covering his family life as a child all the way through his education and his service as an officer, to his thrilling exile and prison breaks under the Tsar's very nose, this is a wild ride from start to finish.

Emma Goldman's "Vision on Fire" (Collection by David Porter):

A collection of letters by Emma Goldman, mainly regarding the time period and topic of the Spanish Civil War. It takes a sympathetic tone towards the anarchist factions of the CNT-FAI in the War, and establishes a sense of how easy it is to sway from what one believes is right in the pursuit of what is achievable, and how it is detrimental to one's cause. Emma Goldman is careful in separating her steadfast belief in the anarchist cause and the work of the Anarchists from her fears in the eventual defeat of the CNT-FAI by the Francoist regime.

The work serves as an invaluable reminder of the threat of authoritarianism in all its guises - Stalinism, Fascism, and even from the anarchist tradition itself, and as an indubitable tribute to Goldman's clarity of mind in critiquing Anarchism's greatest success - and defeat - from the inside.

Leo Tolstoy "What I believe":

-Coming soon-

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:

1. C
2. C+
3. C++
4. Python
5. Almost anything that is not a C derivative
6. C#
7. Fucking Pascal

A new GCR is formed. It is a feeder, and you are the only government official available to respond to it. You notice the feeder within the hour and happen to be free all day - you are also aware that most of the rest of the cabinet will not be around for the rest of the day, if not for the next couple of days.

The GCR quickly attracts a small group of roughly organized people who identify themselves, on the RMB, as being from a non-descript non-NS related online community. A couple of representatives find the TSP IRC channel and are available to chat. Their IP addresses, should you check them, are reliable ISPs and unknown to you.

It quickly seems that they have a tenuous grasp on the WAD - they far exceed any endos picked up by any ragtag WA members, but could quickly be dislodged by a concerted effort from almost any GCR or UCR military (say, a half-dozen to a dozen). They have no forum set up, but do have an IRC channel with multiple OPs and a clear OP hierarchy.

You seem to be the only major GCR politician at the time, and no prominent gameplayers are in their IRC channel.

What do you do?

Do those brownie recipes actually work? Cooking is a hobby of mine, which why I'm asking Tounge

Also, I just noticed you asked yourself a question as if this were someone elses campaign. I like it XD

The mug brownie ones definitely does, if I got the quantity right.

The first chocolate brownie recipe, when reheated, seems to have too much cocoa, but otherwise works.