We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Shall the Assembly pass this amendment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
41.67%
10 41.67%
Nay
37.50%
9 37.50%
Abstain
20.83%
5 20.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amendment to Article 3.1 of the Charter

The following shall be voted on...

Quote:Section 1 - Assembly and Powers of the Assembly
1. The Assembly is comprised of all Citizens of The Coalition.

2. The Assembly shall constitute the sole legislative body in The Coalition.
3. The Assembly is responsible for the drafting and discussion of General Laws, and Amendments to the Charter and Code of Laws.
4. The Assembly may pass and amend a Law with a vote resulting in 50% + 1 in favor.
5. The Assembly may amend the Charter with a vote resulting in a 75% majority in favor.
6. The Assembly has the sole power to declare a state of war exists with another region or organization.
7. The Assembly has the sole power to pass a treaty with another region or organization.
8. The Assembly may override the denial or Cabinet removal of citizenship upon the affected nation appealing and a vote resulting in a 75% majority in favor.
9. Declarations of War and Treaties require a 60% majority in favor to be enacted or repealed.
10. Proposed legislation may be moved to a vote once it receives a Motion and a Second.
11. Only the Chair of the Assembly may move proposed legislation to a vote.
12. Assembly Resolutions must be discussed for a minimum of four days before being moved to a vote.
13. Legislation or amendments to any piece of Legislation must be discussed for no less than three to five days, depending on the nature of said legislation, before being moved to a vote.
14. Treaties or the repeal of a Treaty must be discuss for a minimum five days before being moved to a vote.
15. Declarations of War or the repeal of a Declaration of War must be discussed for a minimum of five days before being moved to a vote.
16. Appointments and Confirmations must be discussed for no less than three to five days, depending on the position, before being moved to a vote.
17. The voting period will last three days for all General Laws and five days for Amendments to the Charter.

This amendment requires 75% for passage. The vote will end December 11, 2:11p.

Where did this come from? I don't see or remember seeing any discussion (may be a tapatalk problem?), and there's none linked...

(I'll edit this tip my vote once I find a discussion thread)

------------------------------

Edit: For
(I don't have access to a PC, so I'm on tapatalk)
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

It's from the contradicting bills discussion.

Also, remember the vote is with the poll (which doesn't show on tapatalk, but should be visible on a browser).
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

This amendment has failed to reach the required 75% threshold of support.