We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Activities Schedule

It is time to organise ourselves and have a schedule of what activities we want to have and when to have them. Here is a list of planned and potential activities:

Europeia Gameside Festival
As discussed in this thread, to be held on January 10 and 11.

South Pacific Awards
Ceremony to recognise the best and funniest South Pacificans, like a yearbook or the Academy Awards, depending on how to theme them. The basic idea would be to have 3-5 days of nominations, 3 days of secret voting and the day of the ceremony itself.

Hunger Games
Details are still needed on this, but a Hunger Games-style competition, where people have to fight for some kind of prize, would be interesting. Anyone should feel free to start a discussion on this.

South Pacific Regional Games
Just like the previous two Games, a series of competitions for both South Pacific and foreign nations, divided into randomly assigned teams. I do want to come up with different competitions, so we don't have to repeat them like the last time. How long the Games last would depend on the competitions that we choose to organise, but definitely no more than three weeks.

World Census Elimination Contest
As discussed in here, it will be a competition where people move puppets to a certain region controlled by the Ministry, and each day, the nation placed last in the World Census gets ejected. The last nation standing wins the competition, and ideally some kind of prize or award.

We have threads for the Regional Games and the Elimination Contest. I encourage everyone in the Cultural Development Staff to see those threads and help organise both events. I also encourage anyone in the Staff to start threads on the Awards and the Regional Games, so we can start planning them.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System